thirty one

A/N: Hey Loves I'm so sorry for the late update!! I had a busy weekend and forgot to post and I was honestly shocked by how many messages I got for updates thank you all so much and I hope you enjoy the double update (next chapter being posted in a few hours) x

Maya Hayes' POV:

As our car made its way through the picturesque streets of Annecy, I couldn't help but feel a sense of irritation. The cheerful ambiance of the town seemed to clash with my now sudden bad mood. Well technically, It was the nerves at first but they slowly turned into me being annoyed at myself for being nervous to me being annoyed at everything around me, including the excited Louis beside me.

I still can't fathom why Louis seemed so thrilled about returning to his hometown. In my mind, Annecy was merely a backdrop for my crucial business meeting but then again, I never understood the sentimental attachments people had to places or things, and Louis's enthusiasm puzzled me for most of it.

Nevertheless, I acknowledged Louis's excitement with a small smile.

He seems to have noticed my now irritated mood and his smile falters for a moment and stops talking but quickly regained his composure and changes the topic to talk with the driver instead.

Great, now I feel like shit.

I really didn't mean to be annoyed, I was thinking about the meeting which made me nervous and I can't have myself nervous which made me annoyed and now this whole thing is making me more annoyed and now I'm not making any sense and someone needs to stop me from thinking so much.

God, what's wrong with me? I think those pills have some type of side effects because I'm never like this.

I turn to look out the window with a sigh and soon enough the car comes to a halt in-front of our hotel.

I put my hoodie back on and get out of the car and Louis follows right behind, opening the boot of the car and taking our luggage out.

He insists on holding on to them and follows me in where I head to the desk and get our keys before a porter helps take our stuff to our rooms.

I hand a key card to Louis and his eyes brighten at the side.

"You get your own room this time" I mumble with the roll of an eye, remembering how the last hotel couldn't keep a damn reservation when that is literally there to keep our rooms reserved. Am I even making sense right now? You know what forget it, I just desperately need more sleep despite the power nap in the car.

I could feel my inner body burning up with every step for some reason and ignore it until I'm standing outside my room.

Louis pauses for a moment, standing at the door, waiting for something.

"What?"

"I'm waiting for you to head in first" he mumbles and I hide my smile, walking into the room beside his. Shut it Maya. That's his damn job, stop swooning.

I shut the door behind me before groaning at myself for being this way. Pull yourself together you little shit.

If my dad saw me right now, he would laugh at my face... not in a friendly way.

Louis Dubois' POV:

I see Maya the Bee shut the door behind her and finally decide to head into my room.

Huh, Maya the Bee, I forgot about the nickname.

I walk in to be greeted by a bright-lit, gorgeous, room. It was huge.

That's what she said. Shut up, Rocky.

You're no fun, I could see Rocky rolling eyes at me as he says that, making me frown at him in madness before realizing that I'm the mad one, talking about Rocky like he's real and not just a imaginative person in my head that keeps me company.