𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎; 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖

𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖

She was either wildly naive or dangerously intelligent. But a woman that was both was somehow more dangerous than anything carrying the naivety yet knew her worth.

Rosalice opened her front door covered head to toe in paint. Her hair twisted in a bun being held up by none other than a paintbrush. On this particular morning right before the twins would wake up her and Elijah would paint together as a version of a date. What Rosalice had come to find out was that even though Elijah was clean and kept everything dry cleaned, paint was something he couldn't keep away from his white button up that he had come to not care about any longer the more he painted.

Raising an eyebrow at the mailman, she grabs a hold of the mail, staring at the single bloomed dahlia. Raising an eyebrow, "Dahlia's are in bloom this year."

They weren't Rosalice's favorite flowers, hers were surprisingly marigolds. Skimming through Elijah's mind, the Cullen woman goes to close the door but a hand grabs her wrists harshly, yanking her forward, "I intend to take what's mine."

Rosalice rolls her eyes, slamming her head against the mailman watching as he stumbled back. "Kindly fuck off Dahlia." Closing the door fully shut she drops her mail and goes through them settling herself back on the floor.

"Dahlia?" Elijah questions, glancing at his mate yet staring at his painting. Cursing himself that in a thousand years of him living that he had gotten well at painting. There was nothing he wasn't terrible at... there were a few but Rosalice would never find out.

"We should go ice skating next time." Elijah immediately frowns at the suggestion. "And your aunt paid a visit."

"What?!" Elijah shrieked quietly, eyes widened, standing up, ready to bolt towards the door. "Is she-"

"Mind controlling someone," Rosalice rips open a piece of mail that came from her twin sister, pulling out several photos the top of it revealing Reneesme holding up a quilt made out of their old camp shirts. On the back of it in Renee's handwriting it explained that she had one too. "I handled it."

"By doing what?"

"Headbutting them." She hands the photos to Elijah, "Calm down, we'll go to the compound and inform your brother about this incident."

[Time Skip]

Slumped in a chair, Rosalice listened intently to the conversation around her, practicing using her gifts watching as her hand disappeared and reappeared. Freya watched in her filled with such fascination. "Isn't that the point of a fortress?" Klaus paces the room, yelling at Hayley. "It does a better job of protecting you when you stay within its walls?"

Hayley hisses out, "Okay! We get it." She glares at Klaus for a moment before turning to the table at hand. "Now, let's just figure out what the hell we're gonna do."

Klaus shouts, "What I would like to do is take a strong leash–"

"Children, please," Elijah cuts off his brother. "Niklaus, your ire is justified. However, Hayley is quite right." Hayley shrugs, giving Klaus a smug look. "We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please?"

Freya continues to watch as Rosalice flickers in and out through visibility. "The spell you described Dahlia calls it kenning—using proxies to watch her enemies from afar." Glancing at her brothers, she states, "But, I've never seen it done on quite this scale."

Hayley sighs out in pure frustration, "Awesome. So, basically every Hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy."