-files and friends

On the floor above, the lightbulb made quick work of lighting, the room surrounding them, revealing a large whiteboard, scattered with large drawings and sketches. files and papers cover the floor around them a small light. Sean at a desk lightbulb made their way towards a wall paintbrush attempted to make out anything important in the clump of papers, below them lightbulb scanned the desk carefully Trying not to miss any little detail she could find on the charred desk.
Wooden frame was held up by metal supports that seemed to be added recently, whoever's desk this was definitely cared for it enough to not have thrown it out by the state of it. Crude drawings was scratched into the desk but something else caught her eye. Five files that laid carefully across the table. They looked old and worn, but still kept in pristine condition despite how they'd been treated in the past. She carefully lifted them up studying each of them one by one their edges fraying as she did so. As she shuffled through then Eventually something caught her eye she'd hit gold as she lifted the paper with a name she recognised on it :mephone 4 written in swirly hand writing that almost mesmerised her. She didn't hesitate to call paintbrush over quickly

'Painty!, I found some important stuff that we were sent up here for!" they'd be over in a second just finishing up, snapping a photo of the boards so they wouldn't have to describe it to testube later. She showed paintbrush the files. They knew they had found something important, paintbrush gestured that They take all of them with with them to show the others what they'd found.

Just below them, testube and fan walked side-by-side test tube. Clutching the claw she had found earlier closely. She didn't want to accidentally drop it and lose it along with the journey. It all seemed too quiet and abandoned almost like everything was going a little bit too well for them they stayed on edge, still alert incase they were charged by an angry robot at any time. they were halfway down the hallway before van pointed out the room. The door was locked, dusty and hardly touched. He eagerly suggested they search the room next. Testube agreed and grabbed her device, moving closer to open the lock before she even had the chance to tap the card, reader at the door, it swung open, and they saw A mephone ,staring straight back at them. It recoiled and jumped back ,startled. it was mostly grey, It looked so tired and lost. It quickly turned to the others that may have been in the room with it, and notified them that there was still people in the building with them as fear flooded its voice.

Before anyone had any time to do anything, fan blurted out in a sudden fit of nervousness "we aren't with meeple! We aren't here to bother you. We just-" testube quickly cut him off not daring to utter a single word, and smiled up at it in fear. It's pixelated eyes widened nervously once it had heard fans shpeil. It sighed placing his hand right side it didn't look as scared then it did before. Just as fan was about to speak, quickly it dragged them into the room, shutting the door behind them without saying a word. Just then they heard the sound of mechanical clamping, sounded like a machine walking down the hallway this mephone had probably saved them a lot of trouble maybe even their lives. Suddenly it spoke out in its cold mechanical voice.

'You have to be more careful, you know. I do know why you are here." It paused staring at them softly as though the machine actually felt sympathetic for them. But you need to watch your back for the newer meeple products they'll catch you when you least expecting it." Another voice similar to it spoke out amongst the deathly silence drowning the room. They turned around to see another mephone lent against the wall she had a pixelated face too similar to that of the mephone they'd just met. Once they looked behind her was just when they saw two more mephones, 4 and 4S, who were resting against one of the many storage shelves. He waved at the two and begin to start a conversation with them, but it wasn't before long that they knew they were losing time.

Eventually, they dragged the four mephones out of the storage room with them, making their way towards the exit quickly, hoping to meet the rest of the ex-contestants and contestants alike just as they arrived in dodging any other machines in their path. Once they eventually arrived at the entrance, they saw the rest of their acquaintances, waiting for them lost in conversation testube called out to them, and apologised for being late just as they prepared to leave.

"Surrender" I'm almost screech like voice roared from behind them, they turn round to see mephone X marching towards them. 3GS shoved his elbow in the front door, shattering the glass. He climbed through it, helping the others after he had escaped. X charge towards them, and they sprinted for the hot air balloon suitcase, dragging to 2GS-P with her Once they boarded with out a second thought they took off, just before the hostile mephone got to them.

As they slowly descended downwards they all felt relived to have left that place alive, none of them had taken it seriously until the encounter with mephone x. It had gone silent as paintbrush and lightbulb clung onto the documents they had found like their life depended on it, suitcase tried to make small talk. "Did anyone find anything? I know I sure did." She laughed nervously. No response. Everyone was a bit shaken but it was okay they were safe in the balloon no one could hurt them, they all thought it would be okay from here.

Mephone thanked them for coming to save them but just before he could finish his sentence he was cut off by a large beam of neon, petrifying light that struck the hot air balloon. It popped on impact sending them all free falling to their doom, maybe even their death.