13. Reaching The Simulation

Himeko smiled when she heard Baizhu asking if he could come with them on the express.

"Of course Baizhu, we would be delighted to have you on our crew. And what about you Stelle, what do you want to do?" Himeko said before asking the girl.

"Hmm, well I also want to come with you. But I got this message from Herta asking me to come to a room to do bit of experiment on me to know about me. And I will be honest, I want to know more about me as well." Stelle said to her as she looked at her.

"Alright then, how about you pay a visit to Herta and get done with your experiment and then come to the express. We will wait for you." Himeko said with a smile.

"Thank you." Stelle said with a nod with a neutral look.

"No problem. I'll be waiting at the express. See you there." Himeko said with a smile before she walked away from them as the two watched her leave.

"So, where do we go now Herta?" Baizhu asked as he turned around and looked at the Herta standing at a corner.

But the Herta standing there didn't respond causing Baizhu to raise his right eyebrow as he looked at her.

"Uh, Herta is in another robot in her office where the experiment is supposed to happen." Stelle said as she showed him her Beacon.

"Well, let's go then. The sooner we are done with her experiment the sooner we can go to the express." Baizhu said to her as she nodded.

Then the two made their way to Herta's office where they saw some transparent glass like things with photos of people were there. Baizhu saw one with Herta's picture which caught his attention.

"One moment Stella." Baizhu said as he walked to the thing.

He looked at it before he touched it. When he did it started to talk about Herta and about how she had managed to do great scientific achievements which caused him to raise an eyebrow.

'Ok, I don't exactly know what that means but she's a recognized figure. That's fine for me.' Baizhu thought to himself before he turned and nodded to Stelle.

Then the two walked to another Herta who was standing beside some kind of portal like thing.

"Finally, I have finished the settings so now we can start." Herta said as she turned to them.

"Mind telling me what you're about to do here?" Baizhu asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Ugh fine I'll explain a bit. I am working on a big project with a few colleagues. If we succeed, it will answer the ultimate question that's been puzzling us for thousands of Amber Eras: the truth about Aeons." Herta said to them

"And what truth is it that you're trying to find?" Baizhu asked her in response as Stelle looked at her.

"Aeons... think about it. What mystical existences! Some Aeons used to be ordinary humans like you and me, but somehow they managed to obtain power beyond our imagination! They are mysterious, powerful, silent and terrifying! It's hard to explain all the mysteries surrounding them." Herta said to them with a fascinated tone.

'Sounds just like how God. Except that some of them were former humans huh.' Baizhu thought to himself as he heard her.

"How were they created? Why were they created? What were they created for? Have you two ever thought about these questions?" Herta asked the two of them as she looked at them.

"Don't care." Baizhu said to her with a neutral look.

"What's this got to do with me?" Stelle asked her not caring as well.

'Ugh. These two don't seem to even care about it.' Herta thought to herself at seeing their reactions.

"Well indeed, it's got nothing to do with you, but we need you. Give me some time, Stelle, I'll make this worthwhile for you too." Herta said to them deciding that talking with them won't work.

"What is this thing?" Baizhu asked her as Stelle looked at the structure.

'She doesn't talk much. I have to do something about that.' Baizhu thought to himself as he looked at her.

"The four geniuses of the society wrote a program together. You see the big machine in the office? That machine contains a universe, just like the universe we live in, but it's more streamlined and customized." Herta said to them with a prideful tone.

"So a Universe made of data. A simulated universe then." Baizhu said to her when he realised it.

"That's a gross simplification for something as magnificent as our work. I call it the "Metaverse"." Herta said to them with a proud tone.

"Seriously? Don't ride that hype train." Stelle said with a deadpan at her words.

"Yeah, really, is that the best name you can come up with for a simulated universe?" Baizhu asked her with a deadpan as well.

"Oh really? That's what my partners said as well. Fine, I am a team player. Then let's call it the "Simulated Universe" like you said to me." Herta said with a sigh as she looked at Baizhu.

"Good. Its simple and a person can know what it is from its name alone." Baizhu said to her with a smile.

"Alright alright, now let's get on with this. Now go and experience it for yourself. I will guide you in the Simulated Universe to make sure nothing happens to you! I'll even give you a substantial reward." Herta said to Stelle as the girl looked at her.

"Fine. I also want to know what this thing is." Stelle said as she looked at the device.

End Chapter

That's it for this chapter.

Sorry for the wait, I had only just got to the middle of the Belobog story, I think. I just met Clara at the orphanage.

So how was the chapter?

Was it good?

Was it bad?

Please leave a vote and comment and keep on supporting my book.