Just like I imagined, I flexed the muscles of my arms and hands as I put the bowl and bottle on the small table beside her. I could feel her paused for a second and her attention on my muscles before she went back to reading.

Now it was time to take a more aggressive approach to take over her mind. If I couldn't have her heart so soon then I wouldn't mind taking over her brain and thoughts.

»»»●«««

|| M E H R U N ||

.........

"You are crying, little kiddo," Dad's voice cracked as a small painful smile pulled on his lips.

.........

"No. I'm not. I'm missing you very much," I pulled those tears back and whispered, not wanting to sadden him too.

.........

"Your mother and I will visit you both soon," He informed me.

"So don't cry or try to cry now. I'm not with you right now to wipe those tears."

Just as dad finished saying this, mom's voice sounded in the background.

"So what if you are not with her? Your son in law is there too. Give him a chance too. He will happily wipe those tears."

.........

I paused and thought back to Saim's behaviors since I had gotten sick. He had been sometimes off with something on his mind. And I didn't know if I was observing him more now or he had recently started more workout, but he had gotten more muscles which were flexing every now and then.

Laraib had been ruining my already ruined brain. It must be because of talking to her that I had taken a bit of interest in his muscles.

.........

"My little doll, what's with this lost face? Did something happen between you two?" Mom came into the view and asked me carefully.

.........

I shook my head and glanced towards the direction of the study room where he was currently.

"Everything is fine. But.. he's good at everything.. minus cooking. Whenever I look at him, I feel that I have wronged him by entering into his life," Finally, I told my parents the resistance in my heart.

.........

"Have you asked him if you have wronged him?" Mom asked the same question as Anmol and Laraib.

.........

I shook my head which made both of them sigh.

.........

"Don't run to conclusions. It's not healthy for any relationship," Mom tried to make me understand.

"He has given you all his properties and companies shares in the form of security, to make you understand your importance in his life. If you have any confusion, talk together and work together," Dad told me softly.

"Has his behavior ever moved your heart in a good way?" Mom asked me softly.

.........

I nodded my head slowly, thinking back of all his behaviors from our Nikah till now. Even in London, he bought gajra for me everyday. He had been working from home for me. And even tried to cook something for me... in which he badly failed.

I could feel my lips pulling into a smile thinking of how he almost burnt the kitchen and himself. I had to call the cook back and banned Saim's entry in the kitchen.