Chapter 18- Secrets

Start from the beginning

"Well, we better head out, see you guys later," Mergez said as they left. We sat there in silence for a minute until Virgo and Aries came back. She looked nervous for some reason. I think we were all wondering what he had told her.

"So um...you gonna tell us where you were or?" Aquarius looked at him hesitantly. "I- I was meeting someone, I can't really explain it- it's not important," he shook his head. But we all knew he was lying. Before anyone could question him further, the bell rang and we headed to our classes.

~Aquarius's POV~

We had just finished all our classes and we girls decided to hang out in the Earth Signs dorm for some "private" time.  I knocked on the door with Cancer right behind and Taurus opened the door and smiled. "Come in," she said, opening the door wider. When we walked in, we saw the others were already there with snacks and drinks.

"You guys like the new astrology class?" Cancer asked randomly. "Honestly, I'm grateful we have a class that isn't just straight-up boring," Leo said as we laughed. We were gossiping about drama when I suddenly realized that Virgo had been awfully quiet. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who noticed.

"Hey Vir, you alright?" Sagittarius asked. "Huh? Oh- I'm fine," she said, biting her lip. We just stared at her confused. "Did you guys see that poster for the upcoming events for this year?" Taurus asked. Just as she said the word poster, Virgo cringed and her eyes widened.

"You ok...?" I asked. "I forgot something really important at the mansion- I-I have to get it," she said in a panic. "Do you want one of us to come?" Cancer asked. "NO!" she screamed and rushed out.

"What the heck? Is she OK?" Leo asked puzzled. "You guys, I'm really worried about her," Taurus said, concerned. We just shook our heads and comforted her. "She's been really weird ever since Aries told her whatever," Sagittarius said, remembering Virgo's pale face when she had come in with Aries. What was happening? There was something Aries and Virgo knew that we didn't.

~Taurus's POV~

I sat on the couch with Capricorn watching TV, trying to distract myself. But I just couldn't. Capricorn seemed to notice something was off. "You ok Taur?" he asked, turning towards me. "I'm just really worried about Virgo, she's been acting really strange and so has Aries," I said, my voice shaking. "What did he tell her that we can't know?" I asked.

He put an arm around me. "It'll be OK- we will find out," Capricorn assured me. Suddenly, the door opened. I looked towards it expectantly and saw Virgo standing there, holding a poster which I couldn't see what was on it. She was holding it towards each other.

Me and Capricorn looked at each other and back at her. "Hey, Virgo- what's on the poster?" I asked. "Nothing!" she said right away and ran to her room. I just sighed and felt tears welling in my eyes. Capricorn comforted me and eventually, we both fell asleep in each other's arms.

When I woke up, it was the middle of the night. Thoughts about Virgo still wandered through my head. Suddenly, I couldn't stop myself. I just had to see what was on the poster. I didn't think it had anything to do with Aries or today because I had seen that same color poster face down under Virgo's bed in the mansion the few times I had gone to her room.

I tip-toed into her room and immediately started second-guessing myself. She was the best friend I had here! And I was betraying her trust. But I had to. I quietly walked to her bed where she was fast asleep and slid the poster out from under her bed. I turned it around and had to stop myself from gasping when I saw it. I immediately shoved it back under her bed and ran out of her room to mine.

I couldn't believe what was on that poster. I was right about it not having to do with anything today but this...this was huge. I kept trying to justify everything I had seen on that poster but there was no justification. I really wanted to confront her but I didn't want to lose her. I eventually fell asleep to my own thoughts.

***********************************************************************************************

I woke up to someone shaking me awake. It was Capricorn. "Taurus? Taurus we're going to be late! You awake?" he asked. My eyes flew open and I looked at my alarm clock. Shit. I jumped out of bed and got ready and headed out to see Virgo and Capricorn waiting outside. Virgo was smiling. She seemed better.

We exited the dorm and found the other signs waiting for us and all headed to the canteen. Just like Virgo, Aries also seemed better but now, I was in a slump. I couldn't get that poster off my mind. Should I tell the girls? Should I tell Virgo? Should I tell...him? I was so confused. "Our classes got re-scheduled for 15 minutes later- let's go to the constellation room," Gemini suggested.

We all headed in and as soon as we did, Leo walked out and locked the door from the outside as everyone just grinned. What? Capricorn noticed my expression and whispered something in my ear as I nodded. Virgo and Aries were confused due to the fact everyone was looking at them. They suddenly realized they were about to be interrogated and tried to grab their keys, but they were gone.

"Lookin' for these?" Scorpio asked, holding their keys. "You're not getting them back until you tell us what happened yesterday," he said. Virgo and Aries looked at each other. "We have to tell them," he said in defeat. Virgo looked at us and sighed.

"Do you guys remember those kidnappers? The police have been doing an investigation on their case and apparently, the ringleader is related to one of us. That means that one of us might have known something about this. And even if they didn't, the main kidnapper is still related to them. All the people in the kidnapping have been captured and are in high-security jail but they may know more information about one of us," Virgo explained.

There was an uncomfortable silence in the room. "Do they know which zodiac the main guy was related to?" Libra asked. Aries shook his head. "They said they would let us know if they found out but everything is OK. We were just stressed out but we're sorry we kept this from you guys," Aries apologized. We all looked at them and realized they were serious. 

Scorpio threw their keys back to them. "Well, if you guys are going to keep secrets from us again, beware we're going to lock you in here," Pisces joked as we all laughed. Except me. I just gave a fake smile and went to class along with the others. I knew I had to talk to someone about the poster, otherwise, I would end up accidentally blurting something out in front of everyone.

At that moment. I knew what I had to do. I pulled out my phone and shot a quick message to someone. Hey- can we meet privately after school? There's something we need to talk about- Thanks. I just shook my head, put my phone away, and awaited my meeting.