Commissioning a Magic Peacock

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"You stole it. My third, you stole it didn't you?" He asked, Hera only sighed, "Yes. A toll was necessary for your return. But you cannot miss a life you never had child, a life you will never see."

"So what happens now then? My mom was on her third, that was how she got through, but what about me, am I just stuck on two forever now." He asked, ready to accept that this was his last chance at life.

"Perhaps, if fate is cruel and your luck runs out. But your trials are not yet over. As long as the earth tries to wake, you shall be bound to it. For this life, at least." He scoffed, "You wouldn't risk that. So are you going to destroy me, now you've been saved."

The goddess laughed, "No, that would be terribly wasteful of me. No, your return was a gift, from me to the queen of the night. A peace offering, in the face of the coming battles, so that both our futures are secured."

"I brought back their favored son, knowing they would appreciate having a part in the great prophecy once more, and to calm the unease growing beneath us." "What great prophecy. The one Rachel spewed out when she became oracle?"

Hera smiled, "That, and another, that the fates have left behind for us to decipher. I trust that your family will now hold to their oaths and join Olympus when the time comes, and that Nyx's greed shall not have her siding with the earth mother."

He frowned, "How the hell should I know what she'll do, and as for a 'favored son', you're mistaken. Half of them hate me, if you wanted to return someone, you should have chosen Ethan, he deserved it more, so does Nemesis."

And then all the vitriol, all the hatred and disgust he held for the mother of the gods returned, as she took a bite of her magically appearing food and said, "Which one was Ethan again?" What happened next was almost instinctual, he didn't think about it, it just happened.

He wrapped his hand around her neck, squeezing as hard as his strength would allow him, "You should never forget his name. He was Ethan Nakamura, he was the hero that saved you and everything you hold dear. You owe him everything."

She just laughed, "I remember when those idle threats of yours meant to mean something dear, it seems the witch took more from you then power...without your monster, you are nothing to fear."

"Do you feel empty?" She asked, "Do you miss the constant gnawing of the untamed beast? Without it, you are just another demigod, you do not scare me." He squeezed tighter. Glaring at her with nothing but pure hate.

She looked in his eyes as he let go. "Ahhh...but this is the one I hoped for." He just glared at her, "If you ever disrespect him like that again. I'll make you wish you hadn't brought me back." With a smile, she said, "I'll keep that in mind. Let us return."

Piper's POV

"JASON!" Piper kept calling his name as she held him, though she'd almost lost hope. He'd been unconscious for two minutes now. His body was steaming, his eyes rolled back in his head. She couldn't tell if he was even breathing.

"It's no use, child." Hera stood over them in her simple black robes and shawl. Piper hadn't seen the goddess go nuclear. Thankfully she'd closed her eyes, but she could see the aftereffects. Every vestige of winter was gone from the valley.

No signs of battle, either. The monsters had been vaporized. The ruins had been restored to what they were before—still ruins, but with no evidence that they'd been overrun by a horde of wolves, storm spirits, and six-armed ogres.

Even the Hunters had been revived. Most waited at a respectful distance in the meadow, but Thalia knelt by Piper's side, her hand on Jason's forehead. Thalia glared up at the goddess. "This is your fault. Do something!"