Bonus Chapter 28.2: Avalon's Allure

Start from the beginning

"You must be Avalon then?"

The voice was deep, flattened out and Avalon turned at the sudden sound, her eyes falling to him- Elliot. Particularly up close, she could see the allure of his innocence. His eyes were bigger when she came closer, staring at her kindly, like a stag: gaze warm but very strong. She could tell by those very eyes that he was awaiting a response and she smiled at his words, brushing her fringes back with a hand.

"Correct. And... Elliot, right?" She asked sweetly, voice as soft as a feather that floated in air. He smiled at her words, nodding, an action- she noticed- that made his curly hair bop. When he smiled, his nose stretched with the action and she found it only added to his kind allure.

"Or, the new kid; more people have been calling me that anyway." He joked and Avalon laughed, covering her mouth delicately with a hand. 

"I think I'll stick to your government name, but thanks for the offer." She responded through giggles and it went silent for a moment as Elliot just looked to her. The silence unnerved her slightly; it left things to question and she did not like that at all. Finally, much to her relief, he drew a sharp breath before speaking.

"Shit, I might come off as too forward, but you're beautiful." He said almost bashfully, scratching at his jaw awkwardly and Avalon blushed at his words, not expecting the sudden compliment. Sure, she knew a lot found her beautiful, but no one would compliment her so outright like this, not when they knew who she was dating. They'd much rather prefer staying silent than facing the wrath of the blue-eyed man. Elliot, however, was a different case altogether. He was still unaware of the inner workings of Redwood High; still clueless to the trio that held everyone under their thumb. I mean, they were part of the football, soccer and track team. Two of their father's were part of the funding group that constructed the school. They, along with their friends, organised a lot of the school events. Their presence was one that was hard too avoid  and, even more so, hard to not like. 

Danny ran a small personal training group for gym, free of cost, to help all students to learn proper forms and a diet plan to best help them. And, due to his three older brothers, he had befriended students older than him, spreading his warmth across year groups. He was seen as bubbly and fun-loving.

With him, Aaron had also befriended many through his warmth as well. From his own pocket, he had funded for all students to carpool in sports cars as well as being the head for school's events to raise money for more extravagant school trips.  This, along with his extroverted, playful nature, he had naturally become someone seen as both endearing and charitable.

Justin, whilst not as extroverted as the other two, had also made significant contributions to help the students. He had, without his consent, been elected as the student president. Despite not having shown prior interest in the role, Justin had taken initiative as soon as the school year had begun. Reforming the sports hall, relaxing phone rules during lunch hours, increasing the size of the car park and ensuring toilets were cleaned more regularly- these were some of the things that had changed as soon as he had been elected. Despite his cold outward nature, Justin had made sure to listen to all issues and was seen as someone who was reliable and thoughtful.

Avalon could also add that they were incredibly good looking men as well which only added to their likeability. All of this as a culmination was why the trio had such a strong influence in the school: an influence that any new student would probably not be aware of.

"Sorry, the sudden compliment probably came off as creepy, right?"

Avalon broke out of her thoughts at Elliot's words and shook her head. If anything, hearing compliments was something that made her happy.