5 | Curveball

"Who the hell keeps knocking at the door

"Who the hell keeps knocking at the door." Sully groans, still tired, while Jennifer gets up.

"You need to get up anyways." She tells him, so he slowly gets out of her bed.

"About time you open the door. I was getting worried. I wanted to-, Sully?" Henry looks over to his friend, who is putting on his pants.

"I know what it looks like, but nothing happened. I just asked him to stay last night because... Sully, why don't you get going to your room?" Jennifer looks back at him.

"Yes, ma'am." He leaves the room.

"Why did you ask him to stay with you?" Henry crosses his arms.

"Last night, some stuff happened with the psychic, and I got scared. Before you go, it's all fake; just listen to me, please. Long story short, she knew my dad wasn't my real dad. And yes, that is true. I found out when I was ten, and I never told anyone until a few days ago. I told Jimmy everything, and when we got back, there was a letter on my floor. It said, Have I ever wondered who my real father was? Being kept from him? How did she know about him? Because Jimmy wouldn't tell anyone that. She said he wanted me because I was kept from him. And I was scared because she said this person who wants Abby dead also wants me because I'm his."

"Jen, I-I don't know what to exactly say. I can promise nothing is going to happen to you. No one is taking you away. You have us to protect you if someone did try. Come here." He pulls her into a hug.

"It just freaked me out, and I asked Sully to stay with me to feel safe."

"You should have told me everything last night." He rubs her back.

"I didn't want to ruin your night. And I shouldn't keep you here because your big day is tomorrow, and I'm sure you have things to do." She tells him.

"I do, alone, because I told Trish to take the morning off. She's been gone for like an hour with her dad. Want to help me?" He smiles.

"I'll think about it. Now go so I can get dressed." She opens her door for him to leave.

After Jennifer was ready for the day, she goes to find Henry just for Sully to pop up, "He didn't freak when I left, right?"

"No, I just told him what I told you last night, so now it's time you tell me why you guys were acting odd when you got back from fishing. What are you guys hiding? Don't lie to me." She stares him down.

"I hate that you notice things." He whines.

"Tell me." She pokes his chest.

"While we were fishing, we saw a boat, and we went over to it. There is a dead guy, it was terrible, he was shot in the face. There's a bag of money. We were going to call it in, but Malcolm wanted the money. Before we could call it in, he shot a bullet into the boat, sinking it. Later we basically drew straws to see who had to hide the money, and it was Booth. That's what he was doing during the bachelor party." He explains to her.