Chapter 16- Powers

Start from the beginning

We all just stared at her in shock, completely confused by everything she had just hit us with. "Oh- also one more thing. She grabbed a bag from the stage and started handing us a key with our names. These keys unlock the constellation room. This is a room for all 19 of you to do various things. It is basically a break room," she said.

"Uh miss? One of the zodiacs isn't here," Aries said sheepishly. "I see, Capricorn doesn't seem to be present today. If you don't mind, please give him his key and I presume he'll be back tomorrow?" she asked. The doctor had told us that he was fine to go to school after about a day. "Yes, he should be back," Aries answered her.

"Alright then- your astronomy class will be your last class where you will receive your dorm room. I will give you all a few minutes and you can head back to your class," she said, smiling.

We all turned towards each other. "Nice to meet you guys- we're the Zodiacs. I'm Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Aquarius, and Pisces. Capricorn isn't here today," he introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you guys. We're the Ursa Major or part of the Big Dipper," one of the boys said. I quickly counted them, there were seven of them. "I'm Mizar," the same boy said. "That is Mergez, Dubhe, and Merak," he said pointing to the other boys. "And that's Alioth, Alkaid, and Phecda," he said, pointing to the three girls. 

I think we all noticed that two of the girls- Alioth and Alkaid were giving us the stink eye. Phecda noticed and nudged them, but they didn't seem to care. "Alright, that's time! You can head to your second class!" the principal said as we walked out.

"Did you guys notice those two girls glaring at us?" Pisces asked as they were out of sight. "Probably just some spoiled bitches," Scorpio said. "Dang someone's pissed," Gemini said, raising an eyebrow. "At least we don't have to share dorms with them," Libra pointed out. "Ya- she said we're with our elements," Virgo remembered.

"Do you guys want to check out the constellation room during lunch?" I asked. "Oo ya! I really want to see it!" Cancer exclaimed excitedly. "See yall at lunch!" Taurus said as we walked our opposite ways. I had chemistry with Aquarius. "I'm really curious about this power thing," Aquarius said as we walked to our class.

As we entered, I realized that Phecda- one of the girls was in our class. She waved and we returned the gesture. "She wasn't one of the ones looking at us like she wanted to kill us right?" I asked as Aquarius laughed, nodding.

Just as the class ended and we were about to leave, Phecda stopped us. "Hey um...I'm sorry about Alioth and Alkaid. They can be a bit snobby and probably feel threatened because they like being "special" she said apologetically. "Hey- you don't have to apologize, it's not your fault" Aquarius assured her. She smiled. "Well, I'll see you guys in the constellation room!" she said before walking off.

"Well, she seems nice," I said to Aquarius as I waved goodbye. After another boring class, it was finally Lunch. Leo and I walked out of the classroom, heading to the second floor, where the principal had informed us the room was. "I really want to know what's in that room," Leo said enthusiastically, as we walked up the stairs. "Heck, maybe we can even pull a few pranks," I said as we laughed.

When we finally arrived, I used my key to open the door and stepped inside. We gasped. The room was huge! It had 2 TVs, couches, beanbag chairs, a few minifridges, a popcorn maker, video games, books, disco balls, food, and more. It was like the lap of luxury! Taurus was the only one in there so far, already stuffing her face with food. Leo and I just shook our heads. That was Taurus for you. A food addict.

After a minute, the rest of the Zodiacs arrived and they were all as equally shocked as we were. None of the other constellations had arrived yet. That was weird. "Hey, you guys? Where are the others?" Gemini asked, exploring the room. "Not sure- we didn't tell them we'd be coming here- they might not come," Aries said.