Chapter 1 - The Sunrise

The flashback/nightmare

I shot him.

I finally killed him, with the gun he gave me, for my protection. When he was the one that was looking for protection, not realising the killer was in his home. Preparing for his death.

He fell in front of me, while looking at his mortal enemies. One, in the light and the other was in the shadows. He realised who I was. Good. The fear in his eyes was exhilarating to me.

"Durga, it's done."

"Uncle?"

"Oh my god!"

He had gotten shot because of me. He protected me when I should have been protecting him. How am I going to face Kaali after this? How am I going to face the others after this?

"Please protect them."

I am shocked. I don't believe it. That son a bitch managed to hit Randhir uncle' s heart, but I won't let him win again. He destroyed my family, and I am going to destroy him and his family, to the ground.

So, I shot him a few more times.

At this point, I am sobbing, and I can't control my breathing.

"Uncle, please don't say this. We are going to get to a hospital... and...and...you are going to get better, okay? Kaali, get here quickly!!!"

Kaali rushed and saw me with Randhir uncle in my lap. He is in shock.

"Please, Kaali call an ambulance!!! He is going to lose a lot of blood if we don't hurry up!!!!"

"Okay, I'll get the others and...and...we'll go to the hospital."

"No, no hospital beta, please. I am done. My conscience won't let me live if I do survive."

"Uncle, I am sorry. I...I...I couldn't protect you from him. I..."

"You had revenge on your mind. No one could have possibly deterred you from killing him, not even Kaali, hai na?"

"I am sorry Kaali...I am so sorry. I... uncle please, you must live. What about Veer? How is he going to live without you? Forget about me, I let my revenge cloud my judgement, but it won't happen again, I promise! Please, I am begging you, don't go!"

"I know."

Uncle tries to take a deep breath, but it causes him to spit out some blood.

"Durga, Kaali?"

"Ji uncle?"

"Yes papa?"

"You must take care of each other. I think my time in this world is done and I can finally see the love of my life. I love you both".

He put my hand on Kaali's hand, clasping it.