11

I felt a wave of panic wash over me, the reality of the situation hitting me like a ton of bricks.

Was this the fate that awaited me? To fade away, little by little, until there was nothing left of me but a grave?

"What can we do?" I asked, my voice trembling with fear.

Selene placed a hand on my shoulder, offering me a reassuring squeeze. "There might be a way to restore your wolf," she said. "But it will require a great sacrifice and a willingness to embrace your true nature."

I looked at her, feeling a mix of hope and caution. What did she mean by a sacrifice? And could I really embrace my wolf side after so many years of denying it?

"It won't be easy," Selene continued. "But together, we can find a way to save your life and restore your strength."

I took a deep breath, steeling myself for what was to come. "What do we need to do?" I asked.

"We need to find a way to reconnect you with your wolf," Selene explained.

I nodded, feeling a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness. "And what about the sacrifice?" I asked, wanting to know the full extent of what I was getting into.

Selene's expression turned solemn. "To restore your wolf, you will need to undergo a ritual that requires a sacrifice of equal value," she said. "It won't be easy, but it's the only way to save your life. That part will come later. We need to start small, and we need to start now."

I took a deep breath, feeling a sense of determination wash over me. I didn't want to die, and I wasn't ready to give up on my life.

"I'll do whatever it takes," I said firmly. "What do I do?" I asked her, feeling the desperation starting to form a pit into my stomach.

I had the feeling that without Selene's contact with my body, and without the energy she was forcing through my skin, I'd be feeling a lot more panicked than I currently was.

"We need to find your wolf," Selene said, her tone serious and unwavering.

"How?" I asked, feeling a sense of frustration creeping into my voice. I had been searching for my wolf for so long, but she seemed to have vanished without a trace.

"You need to remove the blocks you've set up," Selene replied, her eyes never leaving mine. "You think she's abandoned you, but that's not the case."

I shook my head, feeling a wave of bitterness rising within me. "She did leave me," I said, my voice tinged with resentment.

Selene placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, her touch gentle yet firm. "No, Gemini," she said. "You left her. You locked her away, buried deep within your mind."

I stared at her, feeling a glimmer of recognition stirring within me. Had I really been blocking my own wolf all this time? And if so, why?

"You're wrong," I protested weakly, my voice wavering with uncertainty. "I couldn't have done something like that to myself."

Selene smiled at me, her expression full of understanding. "You did it to protect yourself," she said softly. "But now, you need to find her."

"How?" I asked, desperation creeping into my voice. I was willing to do whatever it took to find my wolf, but the thought of unlocking my own mind was daunting.

"It won't be easy," Selene warned me. "But we can do it together. We need to start by breaking down the blocks you've built up, one by one."

"Even if you were right," I sighed, and she raised her eyebrow as if she was surprised I was still doubting her. "I don't know how to clear them."