29| Special Brownies

Start from the beginning

On the other hand Amaya silhouette could be seen gazing at a portrait, standing infront of the said portrait, with moist eyes.

The picture of Rishika and Kusharg had caused her eyes to moist relishing the old memories. Even after knowing, having her sister and brother in law was not a all possible yet she could not help but wonder what if they were here, alive and happy.

She felt a tap on her shoulder, quickly rubbing her lower lashline with her index finger she rapidly blinked her eyes a few time before turning around.

She found her husband looking at her confusedly the his eyes found their way on the portrait.

The atmosphere was silent, no one exchanged a word with eachother, his hand slowly found its way to her, wrapping up with hers.

He squeezed his hold while she tightened it, "They must have been so happy and proud to see Krish like this" Amaya said, breaking the delicate silence, the atmosphere was engulfed into not too long ago.

"They are happy and proud to see Krish so happy and in good hands, wherever they are" Rudra replied, she teared her eyes away from the portrait, fixing her gaze on her husband, feeling her gaze, he too shifted his eyes on her, passing her a small smile.

Sometimes sorrows bestows us the best gifts.

× × ×

The house started filling in with guest, Rishika's parents were the first people to make it. With a heartful smile both of them made their way to Krish who was playing with his Chhote dadu and Chhoti dadi, Harsh and Sanskriti.

The next entered Netra, with a big bag of gifts, she would be the one spoiling Krish with her love, nobody else, her pledge. He was her bestie's son, it was her right to spoil him.

Netra found Amaya tasting the food with a spoon, She was looking at the last minute preparation even if it was a small party with a few family members and friends as guest, she did not want any mess in her son's first birthday party.

The cake had arrived already, kept inside the fridge safely. All the food items looked perfectly fine. She was pleased.

"Oiii, whatsup?" Netra striked her in the back of the head with an open palm, Amaya glared at her, not impressed by the kind of greeting she recieved.

She pulled out her middle finger in front of her face with a bored expression, Netra just shook her head.

"Where's your devar these days?" She asked nonchalantly, eating an apple, casually looking around. Amaya's ears perked up at the question, narrowing her eyes, she observed her bestfriend discreetly.

(Brother in law)

"Nowhere just here" She shrugged her shoulders imitating her nonchalant tone, "Why do you ask?" Netra let out a nervous laugh, walking towards the door, "Nothing just wanted to stay updated about your life, you know I guess I am needed somewhere" Amaya's brows creased together at the, now, empty doorway. Weirdo.

Shaking her head confusion she left the kitchen, upon reaching the hall her sight fell on Krish, who was playing with his dad. A small table was kept infront of Krish, for the cake cutting ceremony.

Rudra noticed Amaya coming out of the kitchen and he smiled at her, she was looking beautiful.

It was hard for him to tear his eyes away from her or focus on anything else, he was pulled out of his trance when he felt a push from his son who ran away to his dadu. Rudra chuckled shaking his head and made his way towards his wife.

"All done?" Amaya nodded, they both were again surrounded by silence as both of them admired their son playing around with his grandparents.

Rudra noticed his friends, Viraj and Dhruv, making their way inside, "My friends" He told his wife signalling through his eyes, Amaya shifted her gaze to the direction he was pointing, she found two men, wearing tuxedo walking inside, holding huge bags.