8| His ignorance

It was the day of Amaya and Rudra's marriage, they had decided to opt for a court marriage.

After Amaya and Rudra's conversation regarding the marriage, 2 days back, they hadn't spoken a word to eachother, one was too nervous to initiate a conversation while the other would ignore the presence of a human specie.

Amaya had dressed up in a sindoori makhmal sheesham saree paired with a bajoo choli. The organza silk saree consisted of hand embroidery, the half sleeved blouse had fine glass work with a deep neckline.

Her hair was pulled in a low messy bun, the bun was equal parts chic and edgy, her neck complemented by a chocker necklace completed the look.

The makeup was subtle the only thing drawing attention were her lips, painted deep red. She looked classy and elegant.

Rajvansh family and Shekhawat family along with Rishika's parents had reached the court, they were waiting for Rudra.

Arpita had insisted Rudra to forsake work for a day but he had dismissed outright saying, he would join them in the court after work, showing just how much enthusiastic he was for his own wedding.

After a few minutes Amaya spotted him, he was dressed in traditional, it had been a while she had seen him wearing traditional.

He looked good, as always.

He was wearing a full sleeved, button down green, almost white, sherwani in jacquard base with floral vine and bird patterns with mandarin collar neckline.

The sherwani was paired up with a cowl pant of art silk in white colour.

She inhaled a sharp breath and looked away, he affected her way too much.

Everyone walked inside the office of the marriage registrar and the procedure of the marriage started.

Now they were lawfully wedded, she was his lawfully wedded wife and he was her lawfully wedded husband.

They took blessings from everyone.

"I have to leave for work" Rudra walked near Krish, kissed his forehead and moved towards his car.

Amaya felt something hurting inside her chest, her husband just left her the very next minute of their marriage.

She felt a lump forming inside her throat but she gulped it down, she won't let a mere person's behavior to make her mood sour.

***

It was 20 past eight and Amaya was putting Krish to bed, she was in Rudra's room, the mere thought of being in the same room as him intimidated her.

Her stomach twisted, she felt a different kind of emotion, she was his wife.

The word wife sounded foreign to her ears, few years back she used to run away from the name of marriage and now she was not Amaya Shekhawat anymore but Amaya Rudra Rajvansh.

A shiver ran down her spine because of the name.

"Krishi, you show tantrums to your sweet dadi dadu and stick to your Mr. Rudy, why? Mai toh ro jaati bachpan mei aise bande ke saath rehna padta toh" She said and heard Krish giggling as if he understood her, she smiled and continued.

(I would have cried in my childhood if I had to stay with a man like him)

"No but look at him, all day he is brooding like a monster, does he even smile? You have guts Krishi to stay with him without pissing on your pants" She pouted.

An image of Krish pissing on Rudra's tuxedo appeared infront of her and she laughed like a maniac.

Looking at Amaya laughing Krish giggled even though he did not know why was she laughing he felt happy looking at her.