19

On the last day of December, the boss closed the store at 9:00 p.m. and let everyone go home for the New Year's Eve.

When Yu Ling got home, she smelled the smell of dumplings as soon as she opened the door.

This smell is very familiar, so familiar that she seems to have returned to the days when she worked in Sister Li's shop two months ago.

Yu Ling bent over to change her slippers, walked to the kitchen door in a few steps, and looked into the damp room with her head.

Zhong Chuyun stood by the cooking pot and watched the dumplings tumbling in the pot. On weekdays, on the electric stove where they ate, there was a very special chili sauce from Sister Li's house.

"Eh? Didn't you have dinner?" Yu Ling said, looking at the vegetable cover curiously.

Seeing that the dishes inside had been taken out, she opened the refrigerator and took another look.

The dishes had been moved, and the unfinished ones were put back in the refrigerator.

Zhong Chuyun has eaten dinner, this order boiled dumplings, is it not full?

No, no, Zhong Chuyun doesn't have a big appetite, so he definitely can't order extra meals like this.

So... it was cooked for me?

It shouldn't be, she is on the evening shift today, and the news that she was able to leave work early was only known after dinner. How could Zhong Chuyun know that she would come back at this time?

Yu Ling thought about it, and unknowingly came behind Zhong Chuyun.

She raised her head slightly, and looked blankly and quietly at Zhong Chuyun in front of her amidst the extremely familiar fragrance of dumplings.

The range hood was not turned on in the house, and the misty white steam lingered in the entire kitchen, enveloping the woman who seemed to be always cold in front of me, as if to add a little tenderness to her.

As for her, she only gently gathered her long silver hair behind her back, tied it low with the simplest white hairpins, and a thick winter pajamas could not cover up her graceful curves.

Zhong Chuyun is always unsmiling on weekdays, but he just had a pair of beautiful peach blossom eyes, with thick and slender eyelashes, and slightly upturned eyebrow tails, which seemed to be dyed with a slight blush, and he smiled shyly. No matter how cold it is, people can't help but want to get closer.

Such a face, no matter how many times she looks at this face from the previous life, Yu Ling can't help sighing, how can there be a goblin in this world who can grow so long?

Such a face is especially beautiful when it smiles.

Lin Shuang loves to smile, but Zhong Chuyun rarely smiles...

Zhong Chuyun: "What are you in a daze for?"

Yu Ling came back to her senses, and shook her head with her mouth pursed.

She didn't want Zhong Chuyun to know that she thought of that friend whom she might never see again in this life.

In fact, not only did Yu Ling not want Zhong Chuyun to know that she was thinking of Lin Shuang, she also didn't want herself to always think of Lin Shuang unconsciously.

After all, according to Zhong Chuyun's words, there are only the last two nine-tailed foxes left in this world.

In the world she lives in, there may never have been a fox named Lin Shuang.

Since it has never existed, it is meaningless to think about it.

So she put that thought behind her once again, and asked curiously nonchalantly: "Why are you still cooking dumplings at this point?"

Zhong Chuyun didn't answer, but asked instead: "Is the taste familiar?"

Yu Ling: "It's Li Did sister make it?"

Zhong Chuyun: "Well, I stopped by to buy it when I got off work."

After leaving the dumpling shop, Yu Ling always thought of the dumplings made by sister Li from time to time.

Sister Li's dumpling shop has been open for many years, and the business is still decent every day, and there are still a few takeaway orders from time to time. I have to say that the stuffing and chili sauce of her dumplings are very special, and you can't find them everywhere. The street where Yu Ling works also sells dumplings, but the taste is not as good as the ones in Sister Li's shop.

Several times, beside Zhong Chuyun, she muttered that she wanted to eat Sister Li's dumplings, and wanted Zhong Chuyun to take her to eat together, but they both couldn't find a suitable time. Zhong Chuyun said that she bought it on the way after get off work, but in fact Yu Ling is no longer a complete road idiot. She asked where Zhong Chuyun works, and knowing where she came back from, she would never pass by Sister Li. She bought it especially for her. Yu Ling lowered her eyebrows and pursed her lips, not letting the smile on her face be too obvious. "How did you know that I would leave work early today?" She asked in a low voice, with a little joy that couldn't be hidden in her words. However, Zhong Chuyun only said lightly: "I don't know." ... Oh, that's okay. I didn't know that she would leave work early, so I suddenly cooked dumplings at this point, it must not be cooked for her. Yu Ling bit her lower lip, puffed her cheeks like an angry puffer fish, turned around and walked out of the kitchen, and turned into the bedroom beside her. When Yu Ling changed into her pajamas, the pot of dumplings in the kitchen was also cooked, but Zhong Chuyun didn't intend to eat, but just sat on the sofa and watched TV. The kitchen window was open, and the moisture in the room escaped. The hot and fragrant dumplings were just placed on the electric stove in the kitchen, blowing cold wind. Yu Ling put her hands on the kitchen door and glanced twice, couldn't help but turn her head to look at Zhong Chuyun who was on the sofa, and asked blankly: "The dumplings are cooked, don't you want to eat?" Zhong Chuyun thought for a while, and said: "You If you are hungry, you can eat." "I have eaten in the afternoon, so I am not hungry." Yu Ling said, walking to the sofa with her own little emotions, and whispered, "If you cook for me, are you hungry?" I can eat it when I'm hungry, but you didn't cook it for me, so I don't need to hold on with a full stomach."