1

Pain is the only sensation that penetrates the whole body like an electric current at the moment when consciousness is restored.

    The eyes seemed to have been burned, sticky and hard to open.

    The three souls and seven souls like Xu suddenly grew wildly outward like weeds, as if they would pull away at any time.

    Every thread and strand swaggered along with the violent beating of the heart, tearing apart the body that bound him tightly like a cage with every inch.

    Like tens of thousands of ants biting the bones, I wish I could hollow out all the limbs...

    In a trance, it seemed that someone was holding her hand, or just holding her cold and thin fingertips, running in the thunderstorm night.

    "I will protect you."

    Her voice was so soft, yet so firm.

    He was so determined that he could risk his life, and when the despair came, he used all his strength to protect her in his arms.

    It was the whitest and softest warmth, embracing the cold winter in my heart.

    But slowly dissipated without a trace.

    ...

    The tall and ancient trees with intertwined roots have been rooted here for thousands of years like a day, covering the sky and the sun, watching the Xiquan Mountain monster clan pass on from generation to generation day and night.

    Under the shade of the trees, the slowly flowing spiritual power is like the setting sun passing through the light smoke, the wordless spiritual sticks hanging on thousands of branches resound with the wind, and the chirping of insects and birds is full of vitality.

    According to legend, there are gods in the tree species, who will protect the children and grandchildren of the Mu family.

    The girl kneeling under the tree stared blankly, and tears rolled in her eyes suddenly and without warning.

    "It's like someone owes her day by day, and I don't know who I want to cry for."

    "We are here to pray, so what does she do?"

    "Today is such an important day, she actually cried under the sacred tree." , It's really bad luck."

    "Let's go, the dinner party is about to start, if you don't go, it will be too late..."

    The woman who left was still cursing and complaining about something, and as the voice faded away, the girl's memory gradually became clearer.

    She shouldn't be here.

    In other words, she didn't want to appear here.

    Her name is Yu Ling, and she is the most insignificant and most despised cotton flower, an illegitimate daughter under the elder son of the old Mu clan patriarch.

    Maybe it was because of her status, or maybe it was because she was born weak, no one in the Yu family thought highly of her.

    After her mother left, she was even more helpless. She even stood in front of her father as if she was in debt, and she didn't know how to face the disgust and rejection in his eyes.

    In that life, she worked as a cow and a horse in this family, experienced too many unshielded verbal humiliation, and endured too much malice from her peers when the elders turned a blind eye. She was so humble that everyone could step on her. kick.