alpha cheese and the mouse shifter

Start bij het begin

"She's no spy. I believe that. Besides, she should have been able to smell that she has shit on her foot" Chris stated, stepping away from me. I squinted open my eyes and looked at him uncertainly, I slowly lifted a muddy foot and looked up at him, slowly wiping the foot on the grass in disgust. I thought I'd stepped in mud by the river bank.

"You do have the best nose here, I didn't even pick that up. She really can't smell. Disgusting. Hunters, let's take this stranger to the main area, she still trespassed. Nobody leaves or enters my territory without my permission" He grumbled, I gulped and felt the others close in.

I walked quickly behind the leader and Chris. Both seemed very cold and honestly, I don't want to get on their bad side further then I am. The ones behind me were talking, laughing to each other, I was far to anxious to look back at them.

Through the trees, a small town took shape, several odd houses surrounding a tall one, all made of strong materials. Wooden frames with stone foundation. I lowered my head, feeling like a criminal as faces turned to look at me. They could be heard talking amongst themselves, all while I was led to the tall building.

"Hunters, you're all dismissed. Think we can take care of the jumpy lady." Spoke the leader firmly, the group quickly dispersed, I could feel a cold sweat settle on my skin, still following the two into the building. "Where should I have her? There's some spare rooms with locks" asked the leader.

"Devon. I think the basement one, the one Julie and her pet went for quarantine, she can't smell after all" stated Chris. Basement? That's better then a higher room. Devon laughed at Chris's words, is the room that bad? I hope they aren't risking me being sick. I flinched at a hand on my shoulder and was led down some stairs. It was dark and musty, a long hallway with doors along it, reaching the last door.

Straw lined the floor and a bed was set aside, clean and tidy. I was expecting it to be dirty, even the straw was fresh. Why would Chris pick this one? Is there somehow better rooms? This is perfect for what I am, but I guess they consider it unappealing. Devon chuckled and patted Chris's shoulder.

"Get our- guest comfortable. She'll probably be here for a while, if I let her live long enough" chuckled Devon, walking out and away. I could hear his shoes harshly hitting the concrete until it went silent.

"Hurry up into the room" commanded Chris, he didn't raise his voice, yet still I flinched. He snickered and crossed his arms. I walked to the bed and sat down, looking around carefully.

"Will he really kill me? It was a mistake, honest! I'll leave without trouble and not talk about it. I need to keep moving" I said, trying to plead with him. He shook his head.

"No. Your food will be delivered later, I'll get you working around here. You'll be doing service for the pack. As long as I can convince Devon, sit tight for now. Besides all that, I want to know who the scared mouse is running from" he chuckled shutting the door behind him. I clutched the bed and was frozen in shock. Mouse? Does he know? Or is he just insulting my nervousness?!

My head swirled and I could hear the world creaking and tapping naturally. I've noticed dark basements have a certain noise to them, people say they have a smell, yet I wouldn't know. The straw was pleasant against my sore feet. I hadn't been given a chance to even put shoes on when I was told to start running. Betrayed by the closest person to me. I almost fell into a spiral of the dark and gloomy memories, yet snapped myself out, wiping my eyes and laying on the bed.

I needed so badly to rest my body. At least they gave a bed to me, it's a pleasure after running for so long. Yet everytime I closed my eyes, I could feel those eyes glaring holes into me. I could feel the pain of the hatred, could feel my broken heart shattering to smaller pieces. Making me feel small, making me want to shift and hide forever in a burrow, but that is not what I do, I hate giving up. I didn't give up when I was tossed aside and I won't give up now. They'll have to let me go, running isn't an option, I won't have someone else after me. I'll convince them that I am not a threat.