Chapter 7

-3rd person's point of view-

-5 years later- October 1978

-Y/n's house-

BEEP!!

BEEP!!

A hand shot out from under the covers and slammed onto the alarm clock stopping the noise, with a groan the girl got out of bed knocking the covers off of her then walked to the bathroom, she looked into the mirror her (h/c) colored hair long past her shoulders and her facial features more beautiful than before. Y/n stared at her reflection she was now a woman compared to the teen who just moved here five years ago. She still missed Michael she could never forget her love, Y/n never forgot to watch one of his performances and she recently saw Michael was going to star in the new Wiz movie.

Y/n smiled thinking about Michael he looked even more handsome than before she also planned on going to the premiere since her uncle was a music producer she could get in the premiere for the Wiz, she took a flight to new york to stay with her uncle for this night, Y/n already picked out a nice outfit for herself.

She turned on the shower and got ready for the night she couldn't wait to see Michael again in person after so long.

-With Michael-

Michael had only a towel wrapped around his waist as he walked out of the bathroom and dried his afro before sitting down on his bed, he was so excited and couldn't wait for the premiere tonight and see people's reactions to the movie. Michael saw the picture of him and Y/n sitting on his nightstand with a smile on their faces it broke his heart again it's been five years since he last saw her, he picked the frame up and pressed a kiss to the picture of her.

"One day baby girl you'll be mine again" whispered Michael before setting the photo back down on the nightstand

Michael started to get dressed and freshen up then headed out to his room downstairs for breakfast.
He still couldn't believe it 5 years have gone by without Y/n and he hasn't been the same his smile wasn't as genuine and he never moved on or touched or thought about another girl besides Y/n, she invaded all his thoughts. He was gonna go crazy soon if he didn't have her again.

-Timeskip- Hours later, The Wiz Premiere

Y/n drove In the car with her uncle watching how packed it was, there were cars and people everywhere but they finally found somewhere to park. They made their way inside the premiere her uncle dragging them over to meet a few people friends of his she saw Quincy Jones and Diana Ross

"Hi Quincy and Diana I would like you to meet my niece Y/n," said U/n smiling

"Nice to meet you Y/n," said Quincy offering a handshake which she gladly shook and gave a smile

"Hi darling nice to meet you," said Diana offering Y/n a handshake and bringing her in for a hug which Y/n gladly reciprocated

"You look beautiful tonight sweetheart and seems you've got a couple of admirers already," said Diana giggling

Y/n looked confused before looking around and saw that a few men were looking In her direction and quickly looked away as she turned to them. She giggled at them which the men heard making them blush.

"I guess I have, it was lovely meeting you two again," said Y/n

"You too," said Diana and Quincy

Y/n turned walking away from her uncle and his friends walking deeper into the premiere looking around and stopping when she heard a familiar voice. She turned toward the voice seeing Katherine.

"Y/n sweetie is that you," said Katherine

"Mama k it's so good to see," said Y/n walking over to her and giving the lady a hug which she hugged back