|21|

Tuesday

Minho lay across the living room floor. He couldn't get to sleep. Jisung was still flat-out upstairs. It was four in the morning. "Min? Why are you down here?" Felix asked, sitting on the settee.

"Couldn't sleep. I didn't want to disturb Jisung," Minho sat up, yawning.

"Well, you might wanna go up. He's tossing around a lot," Minho got up and went upstairs; Hyunjin had told him what to do when he panicked in his sleep.

"Wake up for me. I'm here," He whispered, stroking his arm gently. Jisung woke up, tears streaming down his cheeks. "What happened? Do you wanna talk about it?"

"No, just lay with me," He mumbled, the elder lying on the bed and pulling him close.

"You're safe with me," Jisung nodded and held onto him. He couldn't remember anything from his dream, so he had no idea why he was crying. "I love you," He whispered, noticing he had fallen asleep again. Minho trailed his fingers through his hair to calm him down. Minho finally fell asleep beside him, the pair waking up around noon. 

"Min? Can we do something today?" He yawned, his neck stuffed into his neck. 

"Yeah, what do you wanna do?" Minho mumbled, running circles across his spine. Jisung shrugged and closed his eyes again. "Do you wanna have a picnic at the river?" Minho offered, letting the other koala hug him. Jisung nodded, still not making an effort to move. The elder laughed slightly, cuddling him close.

"I don't wanna move yet. I feel tired, but I'm not tired," Jisung whined, "I think I'm going into a slump again," He pouted, kicking his feet slightly.

"What does that mean?" Minho asked, nosing at his cheek.

"It just means that I'm not gonna be able to do much without it draining the fuck out of me, basically," Jisung explained. "Just wanna do one last thing with you before it happens. I'll come out on your birthday, don't worry," He smiled. Minho nodded and kissed his cheek.

"Let me do everything today, then," Minho offered, getting out of bed and cracking his bones. He pulled Jisung down the bed and dressed him comfortably in some sweats and an oversized shirt, dressing afterwards. "We need to feed Lix. Then we can leave, yeah?" Jisung nodded, and the elder picked him up, placing him on the couch. Felix was already in the kitchen, messing around with the oven, trying to turn it on.

"Min, his oven is different," He huffed, letting the elder take over. He knocked up some bacon and eggs, putting a little extra on his plate so Jisung could pick at it. Jisung lay on his side, picking small bits from his food when he could be bothered. "So, how have you been after, you know, everything?" Felix asked, sitting on the other couch.

"Alright, I still get a bit upset, but what happened, happened. And now I've got this little squirrel to keep me going," Minho returned, the blue-haired boy blushing like mad.

"You take care of me too, stupid bunny," He huffed.

"Bunny?" Minho laughed at the animal he chose.

"If we're picking animals, you're a bunny. Your front teeth do the trick. It's adorable," Jisung smiled, tapping his nose.

"Stop flirting. I think I'm going insane," Felix joked, clearly messaging his boyfriend.

"We're going on a date today. You can do whatever except go in Jisung's room or his grandma's room as usual," Minho informed, finishing his plate and giving Jisung the last bit of bacon. Felix nodded and went back up to bed. "Stay on the settee, love. I'll go make a picnic basket for us," Jisung nodded and lay down, his eyes closing as he stretched. Minho made two sandwiches and grabbed a few small snacks; Jisung was slowly getting better at eating. It's taking a while, but they're making progress. That's all that matters.