Chapter 10 ✧

Which Witch

POV: Kate

I came by Bella's house after she didn't get in touch with me anymore

I came by Bella's house after she didn't get in touch with me anymore. No call, no visit. Which meant I had to take matters into my own hands. I hate how we left things off the last time she was at my house. I'm really thinking a conversation's needed. But when I got to her house, nobody was there.

I grew increasingly concerned quickly. She hadn't been to school and when I called she didn't pick up. I need to find her quick. I should probably cast a tracking spell. Or am I overreacting? You know what...no. With her being involved with vampires and a witch trying to hunt me down, I don't think there is such a thing as overreacting.

"Adiuva me invenire quem cupio." The words are spoken quick and the effect takes place immediately. The spell works a thousand times better when the person you're trying to find isn't a stranger.

The spell takes me all the way through the woods. I honestly have no clue where I'm going, but it's worth it if I can find Bella. And I know that I should be at home right now, waiting for an almost two hundred-year-old witch to kill me, but it's Bella... If something happened to her, I would never be able to forgive myself.

Finally, I arrive at an open field in the forest. I can see Bella and right in front of her is a dark-skinned man. They are talking and all of a sudden he was right in front of her. Quickly, I realized that the man was in a vampire. One that was trying to hurt Bella.

The vampire raises his hand, probably to kill her

The vampire raises his hand, probably to kill her. I reacted as fast as I could. 'Fractura,' I whispered, and his arm broke. I made my way to Bella as fast as I could. "Kate!" I stood in front of Bella, the vampire moved back, grabbing his arm. There wasn't any blood, it just broke right in half. Usually that looks different, this is weird...

"And who you might be? Or rather, what might you be?" The vampire turned his attention to me, like he found a new toy to play with.

"Don't worry about it. We'll just...take our leave, you would be smart to let us leave." Smirking and still grabbing his arm, he has an amused smile on his face. I assume he is going to try to get to me, I don't wait for that to happen. "Afferrentur dolor!" He is dropping to his knees, his face is contorted in pain.