Chapter 8 ✧

Time Of The Season

POV: Kate

In the morning, I listened to the message my mom left

In the morning, I listened to the message my mom left. I immediately did what she told me to do. Would I describe myself as powerful? Yes. Am I still a little afraid to leave the house? Yes. So I decided to spend as much time as possible at home. 

At school, I spend most of my time with Bella or Angela. And at home, I'm on the phone with Bella, I notice that something is wrong. "Okay, you sound upset, what's wrong?"  I can hear her breathing through the phone.

"Jacob...has been ignoring me. I think it's because of something I said at the movie theater." Maybe I should have joined them at the movies.

"Why, what did you say?" I'm laying on my bed looking at the ceiling.

"He kind of told me that he liked me, and I just said I didn't feel...that way about him." He did that with Mike present, he does have balls at least.

"Ouch, but I did see this coming. I knew something was going to happen if you go to the movies with two guys who have a crush on you." Love being right.

"Yeah, I guess you did." She says shyly.

"Perhaps you should just go over then, ask him what his god-damn deal is, you know? Be direct, overwise he'll never get over himself and not talk to you again." Or he will talk to her again, maybe he won't give up?

"You know what, yeah, I'll do that!" She already sounds a little more lively, which makes me happy. It's good that Bella is trying to make things right with Jacob, I think they both need each other equally in their lives. And Bella wouldn't do anything cruel to him anyway, despite his one-sided crush.

"Call me after and tell me how it went." I do feel bad for Jacob, but on the other hand, I felt a kind of relief knowing that she doesn't have any feeling for Jacob. As mean as it sounds, he didn't seem right for her.

Our phone call ends, and I'm back to worrying about Annabel. Annabel... Why did I kill her son? Maybe I should...find out? I haven't revisited one of my past lives in years. I usually revisited my past lives, so the progress I made, learning astral projection, wasn't for nothing.

But maybe it's time to revisit the past for personal reasons.

I mix together the Past Life Potion and whisper 'me recognovit praeteritam ad cognitionem meam', after that the potion turns into a bright familiar blue. Suddenly I'm unsure. When I drink the potion, it's going to fell like I'm living that life again. I'm scared.  But I had to know why I killed Annabel's son.

After a couple of seconds of looking at the potion, I drank it. I lay down on my bed and waited for the potion to work. While I concentrated on the year 1846, the year I killed Annabel's son. I can feel my eyes getting heavy, knowing that the effect will soon take place. And then I was back in 1846.