Chapter 4 ✧

Lady In The Wall

POV: Joanna

After I arrived in Cuba, I went straight to the hotel Kate's astral projection had led us to

After I arrived in Cuba, I went straight to the hotel Kate's astral projection had led us to. I couldn't believe we had finally found her, we were lucky enough that Kate has the power of astral projection. Maybe this time we have a real chance. A real chance of a normal life. For her to grow old, have a family, a weeding. Everything she deserves. But first Annabel.

Finding her room after that wasn't so difficult either. I knocked on her door, waiting for her to answers, and when she opened the door I can tell she wished she didn't. She is shaking. Really? I know I'm scary, but am I really that scary?

"Joanna...no, how did you find me?" her reaction was, as expected, fearful. I looked her straight in the eyes.

"You know how." I said. She tries to look strong now. But she never did look strong.

"So Kate finally perfected her astral projection, huh?" She was slowly backing up into her hotel room. I followed her.

Her eyes are scanning the room for an escape route, not finding one, she sighs, giving up. "So what do you want from me, I don't have anything I could possibly give to you. Your daughter made sure of that." Jesus...she's so condescending.

Right. Kate killed her son in her past live. She knows exactly why Katie did what she did. Now comes the hard part, the part where I try to convince her to help us. "Annabel, I need your help to break the curse my husband put on me."

Her eyes widened. "How...dare you ask me for help when you and your daughter only brought misery onto my family..." My god...she sure is playing the victim. All of this is coming from the woman who barely knew her own son. Her so called 'family' was basically non-existent.

"You already got your revenge when you killed her, you should feel lucky I didn't kill you when I had my chance. We both know Kate had no choice there." I started walking towards her slowly until I was standing right in front of her.

She thought for a moment before answering.

"And what would be in for me if I help you?" I take a step back again.

"If you help us break the curse, you will know that the next time Kate dies, it will be for good." She looked uncertain and a little suspicious.

"And why would you make your daughter so weak and an easy target for all your enemies. How do you know I won't kill her the moment the curse is broken?"

Easy, because this was torture, worse even. Of course, I know about the risk. But I just had enough. "You just don't understand what it's like. The endless cycle. I watch my little girl grow up, live her life, and then she dies. And before I am even done mourning, I am pregnant again, everything starts again." I see a hint of sympathy in her eyes. A mother's sympathy.