Chapter 12 ✧

I Put A Spell On You

POV: Joanna

I've been following Annabel for the past few days, hoping she would lead me to the book

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

I've been following Annabel for the past few days, hoping she would lead me to the book. She went to Lawrence, Kansas. Somewhere here must be the book. And she doesn't seem to suspect me driving behind her. She takes a turn, me right behind her. I can see the foundation of a church and right next to it a graveyard. She parks her car and gets out. I waited for her to move away from the car and parked a couple of feet behind her.

She is carrying a shovel in brought daylight, which must mean that she doesn't have the patience to wait until it's dark. I figure the book must be buried in one of the graves. Waiting for her to find the grave, I plan my next move. Should I just kill her or try to convince her to stop whatever she's planning? It's a difficult decision. I settled on the second option, considering I still needed as much help with breaking the curse as possible. But first I should call Kate.

I waited for her to pick up, watching Annabel dip up the grave. "Mom?"

"Katie...are you busy?" My eyes are trained on Annabel, everyone once in a while she looks around to see if someone's catching her. I slide down in my seat, lowering my head.

"Ehm! No! What's the update?"

"I'm on her heels. I think I'll be home soon. Definitely in the next few days."

"Thank god!... So you're okay?" She was concerned, but I'm not the one she should be concerned about.

"Yes I am. And soon I'll be even better when we break the curse. I'll maybe need your help to break it when I get. But until then, just...just do what you did the whole time. Which is studying hard and staying out of trouble, I assume?"

"Aha-Y-yes! Totally! No seriously... I got this," she paused for a moment. "Stay safe mom..."

"Mhm...you too Katie."

We hung up and I looked back to Annabel. She was finally done digging. Now's my time, I guess.

"Annabel." She turned around with a gasp.

"Joanna... I know you won't believe me, but I'm not trying to hurt your daughter, not anymore, that is."

Now I was confused. "Then why did you run?" I studied her face, trying to figure out if this was a trick. Is she just lying to safe her own skin?

"I know you think that what you do is best for your daughter, but we require her help with this, Joanna. We need as much power to break this curse as possible."

"So what? You were going to take the book and bring it to my daughter to break the curse? You seriously want me to believe that, you wanted to break the curse with her without me? What happened to 'we need all the power we can get'? " Now I don't believe a word she says anymore. She seemed to caught on that her pathetic excuses don't convince me. I fear that I will have to follow through on the first option.

Spellbound Love ~•~ Bella Swan x Oc (gxg)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें