Chapter 45 - Never Again

Start from the beginning

"Ugh! Whatever! I wasn't even counting on it anyway. Good for nothing!"

When Ms Hudson abruptly ended the call, Olivia scoffed, then turned around and found Ethan standing there.

"Babe, you scared me," she said. "For how long have you been standing there?"

"Long enough to know that you made the right decision," he said, holding her hand.

"I'm sorry I entertained the idea."

"Starting now, we won't talk about her."

"Yes, but can I just say one more thing about her?"

He sighed. "What is it?"

"I'm actually disappointed. Part of me hoped she meant everything she had said to me but it was all just an act."

"She'll do anything if it benefits her. Now, enough about her. How about...you...and I...." He trailed off and lifted her.

As she kicked her legs around, he walked up the stairs as he suggestively mentioned they wouldn't go to bed just yet.

In the morning, after showering together, they both stood in front of the mirror but barely faced it's direction as she buttoned his shirt. They had planned to visit his mother before he would head to the office.

"There's something I've wanted to talk to you about for a while now but I just didn't know how," he said.

"What's that?" She didn't look up, completely focused on his buttons.

"Pete has already met my mother."

She paused, her fingertips not reaching the next button. "Oh, Pete."

"I knew you would react that way."

She pressed her lips together, then continued to button his shirt. "I know Pete and I talked but it's going to take a while to warm up to him again."

"I know and take as much time as you need." He rubbed his shoulders on her arms.

"One thing I appreciate is how supportive he's been in growing your business."

"I'll tell him you said that." He wrapped his arms around her with a chuckle.

She dramatically gasped as she held onto his collar. "Don't you dare."

"You'll have to convince me." He brought his face closer.

"Is there anything you want?"

"Why don't you take a guess?"

She bit her lip the moment he gently stroked the side of her neck, their lips soon meeting in a passionate kiss.

~

As Ethan Olivia and Angela quietly walked into the living room, looking at Martha who was seated alone, Olivia was the first to make her presence known.

As soon as Martha recognized Olivia's voice, her face lit up as she looked around like she could see her.

"My dear! You're here!"

Olivia gently wrapped her arms around her from the shoulders. "I'm not alone. Guess who I brought with me?"

"My grandchild?"

They all chuckled silently as Olivia stepped aside and Ethan sat next to her.

The moment he held onto her hand, she moved closer with a smile as she rested her head on his chest. "My son!"

To take in yet another warm and genuine embrace, he closed his eyes for a few seconds.

"Good morning, Ma'am," said Angela. "I'm here, too."