Red Head From His Past

Start from the beginning

Glancing around the table I started walking around searching because it seemed weird that no one was in the building in the middle of the day. Resting my hands on the counter I could hear someone moving around in the shadows where I conjured up a freight ball in my hands calling out. "Show yourself before I burn whoever is stalking me!"

"Hmm vigorously threatening someone. You know that reminds me of my lover." Someone walked out from the shadows pillar where I came to see a woman with red hair and green eyes smirking at me. "Although I must say I am rather more impressed with you. How exactly are you doing a fire spell. Cause I don't hear a heartbeat on you witch."

Glaring at the stranger I shoved my fangs with the veins never lowering my fire ball. "Because I am not just a witch anymore. I'm a heretic. Now who the hell are you and why are you in our city?"

"Awe where are my manners. Forgive me, I'm Aurora de Martel and you are?" She smirked in my direction.

Glaring towards the girl I remained standing a few feet away from her. "Raelyn, Raelyn Mikaelson."

"Ah so Elijah is your husband?" She asked but dropped her smile when I didn't respond back right before the door behind me opened and someone walked in. "I knew you would find me."

"Raelyn, get away from her now." I recognized my husband's voice making me finally lower the fireball in my hand letting it disappear.

Aurora smiled brightly towards him which made me slightly confused. "Hello, my sweet love."

"'Love', Nik what the hell is she talking about?" I didn't think myself the jealous type considering he was the only guy I had ever experienced everything with in my life before becoming a vampire. Yet hearing that word made my blood boil.

He moved forward tugging me into his embrace with his gaze shifting weakly down to mine and his voice trailing off in a gentle whisper. "She's my ex, Rae." Blinking my eyes a few times I parted my mouth completely unsure of what to say. I mean obviously I knew he had lovers in the thousand years he had been alive but I never dreamt of meeting one.

"A thousand years. Can it really have been so long? Looking at you now, it feels like yesterday." Aurora crossed her arms over her chest breaking the silence.

"If yesterday were the apocalypse." Klaus sniped at her.

She tilted her head to the side, smiling foundly. "Are you saying that leaving me felt like the end of the world?"

"Leaving you alive." He growled at her.

Aurora moved forward closer to the two of us with her gaze dropping down to see the wedding rings on each of our left hands. "Before we keep this conversation we need to discuss how you have betrayed my heart without hesitation obviously. I never thought you would do something so cruel as to choose me over this half beastly witch girl!"

"You will not speak of my wife in such foul words ever again if you wish to keep your tongue in your mouth!" Klaus moved up in her face threatening her with his werewolf eyes of gold.

She raised her head up where he took a step backward from her. "I notice Elijah's not with you. Was he reluctant to tag along?"

"On the contrary. He's been calling me incessantly since I ditched him to find you raving about some ancient secret and the possibility of using your head as a footstool." He chuckled at her with a wicked smirk on his face.

She chuckled back at him. "Well, I'm sure he would rather have his footstool than have me share that little secret."

He lifted his head up with me standing behind him not knowing what to say. "Let me guess. In the time between being with me and seeking refuge in the arms of your brother, you slept with mine."

The red haired vampire replied. "Oh, your accusations are so banal. The truth is, I've never been with your brother, at least not in the way that you think."

Klaus moved around the counter, never taking his eyes off of her. "Why are you here, Aurora?"

She told him. "The witches here, they celebrate Fete de Kado... Feast of Gifts. It made me remember that very intimate gift we gave each other so long ago."

Nik leans his palms on the table shifting his gaze to me seeing that I hadn't said a word. "You've had a thousand birthdays since. If I forgot to send a card, it's because I forgot about you. Is that why you're here, to remind me?"

Aurora scoffed, walking away from him while she spoke fiercely. "I am here for the same reason Lucien and Tristan are... to protect my sire. Now, if you turned me that night like I'd asked, I would be here to protect you, but since you didn't, I need to know where in the hell is Rebekah?"

"Off enjoying her life which is what Nik and I were doing until you and all the other vampires they have sired over the years started showing up. So if you're so terrified of this vision in this family I suggest that someone start talking about it. Because I don't want to keep standing around waiting for answers!" I snapped my voice at her stomping up closer to here where our chests were almost pressed up against one another.

Aurora clasped her hand together smiling. "Ah a feisty spirit. I applaud you Niklaus for that. But I still despise that you picked someone else over me after all these years."

"I'm sorry I have done nothing to you in the short time we have known one another and you already seem to despise me." I finally moved away from the doorway getting in her face when she vamped around on her feet with us giving the other a death glare.

His former lover flipped her hair heading over to a science beaker pricking her finger drawing blood. "Call me jealous, Raelyn. But I will give you fair warning that he will get you with his charm and promises. But he won't keep them, he will only break your heart in the end..." She shifted her gaze back to Nik. "You can always catch an insect with the smell of a flower...But it's the smell of blood that draws a carnivore."

He got closer to her, never breaking his gaze away from her. "And what draws a snake?"

"Ooh, how you loathe me, so certain I've come to do you harm, yet, as I recall, we did plenty of harm to each other, and, if I'm not mistaken, we both rather liked it, didn't we?" She smiled leaning closer to him up on her toes parting her lips. "Do you remember what that first time felt like to be with someone who's every bit as powerful, as tormented, and as cursed as you?"

I felt a sickening feeling in the bottom of my stomach when he got even closer to her leaning his head downward to hers leaving only a small gap between them. "Yes."

"Look me in the eye and tell me that you haven't thought about what we had every day for the last thousand years. You want to know why I have come? Because after a thousand years of trying to erase your touch, your smell, the taste of your lips...I'm here for you...For this." Aurora declares closing the gap about to kiss him when he leaned even closer.

I made a noise feeling betrayed until he shoved her against the wall with vampire speed. "You come here to tear my family apart even more. All the while I can see through your tricks and lies about being there for Rebekah. But you need to realize that I no longer care for you."

Spinning around on my feet my boots made a noise against the floor when I slammed the door behind the pair. Running as fast as I could trying to do it at a human speed. Klaus came outside gently vamping and grabbing my forearm stopping me. "Raelyn, wait. Tell me what's wrong. I didn't kiss her or anything like that,  you saw me."

"I'm not angry you have an ex. I figured that you did after a thousand years. But what I can't get over is that you didn't think to tell me about her." I snapped at him, beginning to cry lightly while he still held my arm in his grasp.

Klaus released his hold on my arm, raising his hand up towards me. "Raelyn, please let me explain. I don't care about Aurora. I am in love with you-"

"Don't give me that lie, Niklaus. I'm heading back to the compound. When you wish to tell me the truth then you know where to find me....invisique." Holding my hand up I closed my eyes, turning invisible in front of his eyes and vamping away so he wouldn't see me starting to cry more.

Comments really appreciated ❤️

Melvia-ito