Side Story 2

“Shh, Everville! Quiet. She’ll catch you!”

“Ugh, Sister.”

“Mom will soon be looking around here too. However, we’ll never get caught.”

It was a very cramped and dusty space. It was only yesterday that the two children found the spot behind the giant grandfather clock. As soon as the older sister, April Jeon, discovered this perfect and secret place, she immediately informed her brother. The timid and friendly Everville Jeon isn’t a big fan of hide and seek, but he didn’t refuse when his sister asked him to do it.

But the tagger was neither April nor Everville. It was their mother, Lisa Jeon, who April challenged for a match.

April inwardly giggled and covered her mouth with both her hands. Everville looked at his older sister and did the same. Simultaneously. Just as they were holding their breath, footsteps were heard from across the hallway.

“Where have these cuties been hiding? Mom doesn’t know at all.”

‘Oh my gosh, we can’t be seen at all!’

April was now very excited. In this hide-and-seek game, the winning side could give orders to the losing side. April said she hated the etiquette class and wanted to skip it, but she lost every match and was forced to study.

But she would really win this time. So she would be able to go hunting instead of etiquette classes!

The footsteps were getting closer and closer. But there was a problem. Everville’s nose started to twitch. Perhaps it was because of the dust that had been piling up on his clothes. April responded by pinching her brother’s nose after contemplating for a bit.

‘I can’t lose today!’

With that thought in mind, April glared at Everville, and he immediately burst into tears. Anyway, he was a crybaby because he’s weak.

“Where are you really? Are you here?”

There was the sound of her mother talking to herself and looking towards the closet. Fortunately, Everville held back his sneeze, so April drew her body as tight as she could with sweaty hands. The moment that she rolled up her skirt so that a single hem couldn’t be seen, their mother’s voice rang.

“There you are!”

“Ouch!”

“I found you, you troublemakers. Have you been hiding in such a dusty place?”

Beyond the grandfather clock, their mother suddenly poked her head out. April was so startled that she screamed “Ghost!”

“Mom.”

“Everville, look at you. Your bottom is covered with dust!”

“Ee-e-chu!”

Five-year-old Everville, who didn’t know anything about the match, cried, ran to his mother, and hugged her. April, on the other hand, was upset and couldn’t stand it.

“How did you find us?”

“There’s nothing that a mother doesn’t know.”

“I thought we won’t be caught!”

It’s so unfair!

April’s purple eyes were filled with injustice and huffed a sigh of resentment. Yes, a match was a match. April said she wasn’t the kind of child who gives up and cries, so she immediately lowered her shoulders.

April grudgingly trudged along the moment she thought of the fact that she had no choice but to take the class today. She really hated Madam Jaina’s etiquette class.