Epilogue

Ding— dong.

The bell of a famous cathedral for having the highest spire in the capital rang. Although the cathedral was built about 300 years ago, it has surprisingly maintained the original shape until now for a simple reason. The doors of the cathedral only open for weddings or funerals of high rank aristocrats or for the imperial family.

This time, the church bell rang for the first time in about three years.

“Come on, the duchess is giving it to you. Eat more.”

“Wow!”

Lisa Jeon, the new duchess, had already been praised for being merciful. A week before her wedding, she bought huge amounts of bread and gave it to poor children. She rented thirty bars located on Commoners Street at the same time, paid for the drinks in advance, and allowed them to eat as much as they could, so praises of her didn’t wane.

When the duchess was so generous, the Rabbithall family did not sit still.

They cut off a year’s tax on their territory altogether and won an auction for a spectacular diamond necklace. In addition, for their daughter, they mobilized soldiers to escort her on the road from the Rabbithall mansion to the cathedral.

It was a truly luxurious wedding!

Among the guests, His Majesty the Emperor was also present, so it could be called the wedding of the century. Rumors that a seven-tiered cake was prepared for the wedding reception. It was like a fairy tale that could only appear in a romance novel, heating up the streets.

And the very main character of the marriage, Lisa, was dozing off in a white dress commissioned by her father-in-law.

“Oh no, my lady!! Why are you sleeping? The ceremony will start soon…!”

“Umm, uh… what…”

“You must have been so tired because of what you were doing yesterday. This nanny is afraid the lady might fall down while walking. I’m so worried.”

The nanny, who has been raising Lisa since childhood, was very worried about her. Even though she was all grown up now, she was still worried. Lisa inadvertently tried to rub her eyes, then realized that she had bridal makeup on, so she put her hands down again.

‘I can’t say that Jungkook had been harassing her all last night.’

It’s a bit embarrassing.

Of course, Jungkook tried to finish it with just one shot. It was she who caught him hesitating and kissed him, propelling the activity three more times. So she had nothing to say against it, but still, it seemed a little unfair.

She couldn’t sleep until the sun came up!

“Whatever happened… You’re so beautiful. This nanny has no regrets any more. Heuk.”

“Don’t cry, nanny.”

Lisa barely lifted her arm and patted her nanny’s shoulder. She would probably have to do the same thing several more times as soon as she leaves the bride’s waiting room. As soon as her father and brothers heard about the marriage, they went crazy and almost fainted. At least, it was Jungkook, so they acknowledged it to some extent, but the shock of her marriage seemed to still be there. So, before entering the ceremony hall, everyone should  be hugged and soothe once more.

Fortunately, she still has some energy left.

“Okay then, let’s go out soon.”

“Yes, my lady.”

Lisa clasped her hands and stretched. Since she had saved some physical strength, she thought she could go out and greet the guests.

In a normal wedding, the bride should not leave the waiting room. The rule was to go to her husband with her father’s escort and her veil would not be moved throughout the process.

But neither she nor Jungkook had the heart for an archaic wedding. Lisa was wearing a dress but not a veil, and she intended to welcome the guests to her heart’s content. Of course, her entrance to the ceremony would also be with her husband.

This type of wedding was the first, so it gained the attention of many people. It also attracted snide remarks.

But Lisa and Jungkook were tough. Everything they did, they did it together.

Starting with the wedding, everything would be done together, equally.

“Congratulations on your marriage.”

“Duchess Jeon, you’re so beautiful.”

“I hope to see you more often in the future!”

Lisa walked down the hallway, greeting each and every one of them. Even though she was a bit immature, she didn’t know what it was like to be a Jeon’s wife. She was sure she would have to live a different life than what she was used to.

‘But I can do it.’

A sunny, cloudless day.

Lisa saw Jungkook standing ahead with her father and brothers. As soon as she found them, Lisa mustered the power of her thigh and ran straight towards them.

“Aww, Lisa!”

“Dad!”

The white skirt wildly fluttered. But no one said anything about her running.

Lisa smiled brightly and threw herself into her father’s arms, giving him one last childish act.

“Good lord, you look just like your mother…!”

As the country’s military minister, he was a father who always maintained a strict expression, but only for today, there were tears in the corners of his eyes. Lisa smiled brightly and respectively took her father’s and Jungkook’s hands.

“Even after marriage, I am still my father’s daughter. Right?”

“Yes, of course!”

“So, please bless me with a happy life.”

A day filled with clear, cool air.

Lisa was by far the happiest person in the world today.