7

…Several hours after that. Lisa decided to dress up more than usual.

“Lisa, what day is it today?”

After observing her appearance to some extent, Jungkook asked this question.

“Yes? Oh no, it’s nothing special?!”

“Hmmm.”

“Really. I just wanted to decorate myself like this, today.”

Actually, she even put on makeup to show him.

Cold sweat formed on the hands hidden inside the white gloves. She tried to pretend she wasn’t nervous, but he must have already noticed everything she was nervous about.

“Didn’t you say you’ll never curl your hair because it was annoying?”

“Yes.”

“You don’t like to wear gloves because you said it felt cramped, and you’re in a dress with a lot of ruffles which you usually say is cumbersome.”

“Y-Yes, that’s true.”

“So then?”

Jungkook asked the question one more time, pointing it out one by one. Lisa almost screamed out her nervousness, but she managed to contain herself. Jungkook was tenacious. Without any reasonable explanation, he would continue to ask her questions with his endless curiosity. So, at this point, she had to find a justifiable excuse.

“It’s because I’m choosing jewels!”

“Well, even if you’re choosing jewelry, it’s not usually this…”

“You can help me decorate too! I’m also in need of proper accessories. I’m tired of just sticking to the wall at the ball. I want to dance with the gentlemen, I want to dance and… date.”

As soon as the words came out of her mouth, she couldn’t help noticing a sudden chill in the air, so she slowly lowered her voice and eventually closed her mouth. Lisa wasn’t sure, but she thought that Jungkook was angry at that moment. In that case, it was better not to add any more words.

“What other gentleman do you need, Lisa?”

After a moment of silence, Jungkook whispered softly in a suppressed voice.

“If you ever need a dance partner, I will leave everything behind and be there.”

“That’s true, but…”

“Am I not good enough?”

Jungkook reached out and captured Lisa’s silver hair and kissed its tips. If you think about it, whenever she talked about something he didn’t like, Jungkook always seemed to change the subject this way.

‘Everything is fine if it’s him.’

Of course, if Jk was the same person as Jungkook, yes, that would be fine. But what if it’s someone else?

You can’t kiss your friend. You could give a hug at most, but Lisa already knew what more could be done in a relationship between a man and a woman.

Jungkook asked her for an answer with his pretty blue eyes. All right, very well.  She needed to give a positive answer.

“…Kook.”

“Yes, Lisa.”

But why is it so difficult?

After contemplating for a moment, Lisa decided not to hesitate. If a member of the Bruschweiler family had something to say, even if it’s in front of the emperor, they would always say it directly.