Chapter 2

*Val POV*
"I see your problem!" He mumbles, shocked from the car. "G-Gabs?" He stutters, getting out. She nods, running into his arms. "Hi uncle ghastly!" She laughs, at his shocked expression. "Aren't you....dead?" He mumbles, his eyes tearing up. "I was. But someone brought me back!" She grins, as he gives her a bear hug. "Oh god.... I missed you! This is great! Skuls going to be so ec-" "Who's Skul?" She asks, confused. Ghastly pauses staring at me. I pull him aside, fumbling. "I didn't know how to tell her!" I snapped, frustrated. "So.. She doesn't know that he's technically dead?" He asks, sighing. I shake my head, dragging him back over towards gabby. "That's Logan's taken name. Skulduggery Pleasant." He mumbles, frowning. "Wait. Skuls given name is LOGAN!" I yell, jumping up and down. "Hah! He owes me ten bucks!" I fist pump, winning the bet we held. Ghastly and Gabby stare at me, incredulously, before getting in the car.

"So, who are you exactly, Stephanie?" Gabs asks, turning to me. "Oh my names Valkyrie. Valkyrie Cain." I mumble, not used to being called Stephanie. "Umm.... I am your dads partner..." I murmer, seeing her shocked face. "Oh! Like work partner?!" She smiles, oblivious to the second meaning behind it. Ghastly give me a smirk in the mirror as I sigh, nodding. "What does he do as a job?" She asks, curious. The car goes silent, as ghastly squirms uncomfortably. "Wellll... After you and your mother died, skul took to being a detective" he explained, but gabby didn't seem fazed. "That's cool" she smiles. "I'm glad my mum didn't come back!" She laughs, and ghastly slammed on the brakes in shock. "Why?" I ask softly, knowing i could be treading on glass. "Didn't my dad tell you!?" She frowns. We shake our heads as ghastly starts the car again. "My mum basically abused dad everyday! She did to me to a few times, but dad always stuck up for me!" She smiled, remembering. "He never told us that!" Ghastly States, upset. "How do you think he got all those bruises?" She asks, curiously. "Well we were in the middle of war.." Ghastly points out, worry still hiding in his eyes. "I guess so.... " she sighs. "Wait. How is everyone else!??" She grins, bouncing up and down. "They're good! And of course, Dexter and Saracen finally got together!" Ghastly laughs, seeing Gabbys shocked face. "Does my dad still look the same?" She asks, turning to me. The car stays silent, neither of us knowing what to say.