Emerald eyes

"I told you, I don't want to do this alone." Dora was mid air and she felt it spike her again. Yet this time no power drainage. Ego knew this. She was too powerful. "You cannot deny the purpose the universe has bestowed upon you, Pandora." He said walking below her.

"I knew my purpose. You took that from me before I was even born. I have a different purpose and the universe didn't bestow it upon me..." Pandora said looking into Egos eyes. She thought to all the memories she had made with the guardians. The time Quill had shown her knew music. When her, rocket and groot went for ice cream and smushed it across each others faces, when her and Gamora had decided to dance to the chain, when her and Theo looked out into the sunset. Her purpose was protecting her friends and she would die trying.

"...I did." She broke free from the many tentacles that tried to hold her down, charging straight to Ego and smashing him through layers of rock.

She threw him into the side of the planet and spread her arms out releasing all her power. She looked like a dark Pheonix. Her eyes had turned black. She still felt control, unlike usual. That didn't stop her though.

He charged right back at her cause her to be slammed into rocks. Cracking her neck she gave Ego a smirk taunting him. She head butted him away from her. Causing him to fling back and get rocks in her face. Cutting her, yet she felt nothing. She grabbed him and took them both down to a flat surface. "No, we need to stop it!" Dora punched him in the face. "Listen" punched again. "Peter will be mortal if I die."

"What's so wrong with that?" She said giving him another punch watching as he turned to dust. She flew up seeing Yondu helping Quill up.

She just missed the explosion that killed Egos planet, continuing to fly up. She exited the atmosphere. She didn't feel any frost on her as she continued to the ship. She didn't feel her head expanding either. Not only could she fly, but fly through space.

When she got back onto the ship her eyes still hadn't gone back to normal. The voices had come back louder causing her to fall back in pain. All the cuts and the bruises suddenly became far too real. Everything went silent, even her loud mind was empty.

A/N
Didn't realise how short this chapter was icl
Go read my other books if you're interested 🫶🫶