Chapter 1

Author's Note: I am writing this story with the idea of MATES (two people destined to be together) are in this universe. Mates, once they set eyes on each other, become possessive and protective of their partner. 

PS: I would like to thank you for this amazing idea!!!!

PPS: For the sake of another love interest for Raven, I have chosen Kid Flash because, in the comics, he and Raven went out for a while.

———————————
Raven's POV:

I was sitting alone in the library, once again looking for magic spells and potions to help us in our upcoming battle with my father, Trigon. It was an endless task that I never felt could be accomplished, but I was encouraged to keep going.

John Constantine and Zatanna have taken me under their wing and saved me from the torture my father put me through. They were the only people kind enough to stand up for me. I owe them my life.

Over the years they have taught me more about my magic and made me stronger. I am now surpassing both of them with my powers. It is finally time to face my demons and go after my father.

Even though I was stronger now, even just the thought of seeing my father again left me terrified. Zatanna knew it too but believed in me.

"I know you will be fine. You are strong, brave, skilled, and now... you no longer lack what your father took away." She said, kissing my head. "Love."

Just thinking about that brought stinging tears. Zatanna and John will never know how much they mean to me. I will do everything in my power to keep them safe.

"Love," John's voice called as he opened the door. "You in here?"

"Yes," I answer him, closing my book.

"Zatanna and I are going to leave for a bit. We got a call from the Justice League that a bloody magician is causing havoc on Central City." John came closer, a sad look on his face. "You behave."

"Of course." I nod.

John and Zatanna are the only two KNOWN magicians on earth (they kept my existence a secret for my safety). They were often called when something magical was involved.

"Keep up your studies and don't forget to feed yourself, now." He warned. "I don't want to come back and find you all skin and bones."

"I will remember." I smile. "Do you know how long?"

When I ask, his face turns sad. "I am not sure. But remember, if something happens, go into my office and open the safe. The instructions are inside."

"I remember." I nod. He had told me SO many times about the backup plan. Zatanna and John told me when I first got here about it, saying that if they were no longer around, there are numbers to call for emergencies.

He paused for a second and just studied me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, love." He gave a sad smile. "Remember I will see you again soon." And with that, he kissed my forehead and vanished. It was strange for John to act this way. He was always a cheerful man with a drink in his hand, but now he was stone-cold sober.

I stood up and went into the kitchen, where I heard Zatanna shuffling around. I heard a soft sob that was muffled by something. I quickened my pace and ran into the room.

"What's wrong!?" Came to her side. "Are you hurt?" I took her hands and looked them over, turning to examine her.

"I am fine." She smiled while tears rolled down her face.