Flirting 101

A/N

How are you liking this story so far? I hope the characters are not OOC!

Now we get onto the double juicy stuff.

Enjoy <3.

✿✿✿

The apartment door slammed shut with a thud that sent chills down his spine. His back arched like a scared cat and he turned to his video game, pretending not to notice.

"Lloyd!"

He heard his name and hid under the blanket. He wouldn't be surprised if she was holding a sword in her hand.

Her steps came closer. His breath hitched. The door to his room slammed shut.

She yanked the blanket off of him, her face red as could be; whether it be from embarrassment or anger, he couldn't tell. He gulped so heavily he almost choked on his spit.

"Lloyd," she said in a calmer yet scarier tone. "What did you do?"

He raised his hands in the air. "Okay, before you say anything, it slipped! They were the ones asking questions!"

"My parents always ask questions!" She grabbed his pillow and smacked him with it. "You told them I have a boyfriend!"

"Hey, I didn't name Jay—"

"Yes, you said Sparky! You said I'm dating someone with a dog's name!"

He grabbed another pillow and smacked her back. "They were asking about your mum's birthday party and if they should expect a plus one for us! I told them about Sky, then about my plus zero, then they asked about you!"

"What did you tell them?"

His face paled. "I hung up. But then they called again and assured me they wouldn't tell Kai yet, so that's good for you!"

She fell back onto the bed and groaned. "I don't care about what my brother or my mum or my dad think. I just didn't want them knowing yet." She took the pillow in her arms, that time hugging it over her torso. "It's not like anything will happen anyway."

"Don't say that. I saw him at my uncle's tea shop a few hours ago, he looked all giddy."

She raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be working at said teashop right now?"

"My dad came along and they needed to have a private talk, so... Uncle Wu sent me home," he said. "But that's besides the point. You've got nothing to lose by going out once."

"But Stiix—"

"Can't you just quit?"

"I'm not quitting the biggest opportunity of my career!"

"Fair... But why wait a couple months for something you can do now?" He closed his eyes, stroking a fake beard. "Don't put off for tomorrow what can be achieved today."

She laughed. "Wu is rubbing off on you." She sat up on the bed to face him. "Maybe you should get into psychology."

"Yeah, maybe I can solve your love drama then."

"It's neither love nor drama!" she exclaimed. "It's just an acquaintance I've known for a week—"

"And have been drawing for the past few months..." His smirk made her cheeks puff slightly. He swore her ears would've erupted with smoke if they could.

"Okay, maybe I do want to be closer with him. And... maybe I do find him cute," she said. "But how can I know if we're compatible? And even if we are, wouldn't it be selfish for me to start a relationship knowing I won't be there for the first six months of it?"