Losing ( TW!!)

Grace's POV

Once Iris ran upstairs, everyone looked shocked apart from Sophia and Charity." What was that for?" Sophia asked Charity." You know why I did it, " Charity said. Sophia shocked her head and got up, and she went upstairs. " Can we get an explanation?" Mama asked." I am sure that Iris and Raven are in a relationship. I am 100% sure that she is into girls, " Charity said." What?" I asked. Why didn't she tell me? " I am going to talk to her," I said. " Don't you care?" Mama said." What?" I asked her." Don't you care that she's..." She couldn't finish. I couldn't believe her. " I don't care... If she's gay. I care if she's loved. I care if she's happy. And this is what you should care about! What is wrong with you that you don't?" I shouted." Grace, it's a sin," Mom said. I just shock my head. I was so mad at both her and Charity but also so worried about Iris.

I got up and I went upstairs. I saw Sophia sitting on the couch. " She locked her room," Sophia said. " Did you know?" I asked Sophia, and Sophia nodded." Why didn't she tell me?" I asked. "She thought that you would hate her. The only people who knew about this before were me and Zora." Sophia said. Her phone rang. She picked it up. " Jayden?" Sophia asked." Wait. Calm down, " Sophia said.  She got up and knocked on Iris's door. " Iris. Open the door, " Sophia said. I got very worried. " Sophia, what is going on?" I asked her." Jayden thinks there might be something wrong with Iris, " Sophia said. I got the keys to her room and I opened it.

We went in and we saw 3 letters on the bed. For me, Sophia and Zora. I tried to open the bathroom. I could hear water running. I knocked on the door. " Iris baby, can you say anything?" I asked." Iris, please open the door, " I shouted. I couldn't hear anything but the water  "Sophia call 911" I said. Sophia nodded, and she left the room to get her phone from the living room I am guessing.

" Iris!! Open the door, " I shouted. I started to panic. I knocked the door down"Omg" I said, and everything just stopped. There was Iris submerged in the bathtub. She was motionless, "No, no, no, no. My baby, "I said, and my heart raced as I rushed to pull her out. When I laid her on the floor, I noticed the large cuts on her body. I tried to wrap it with towels. I could hardly believe what I was seeing - my daughter had attempted to take her own life. Tears streamed down my face as I held Iris close, rocking her back and forth. How could this have happened? I had been so careful to watch over her, monitoring her mental health, yet this had still happened. The guilt and worry overwhelmed me, and I could feel my heart breaking. I wished more than anything that I could have done something to prevent this horrible situation, but all I could do now was stay by Iris's side and offer comfort and support. I vowed never to let this happen again, no matter what. I saw the paramedics coming in. They took her out of my arm's. I went with them downstairs and outside to the ambulance. We saw everyone coming out of the house. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. Not out here. Not with everyone here . I felt arms around me, and I saw that it was Sophia. I held her close. 

Sophia's POV

As mom held me, I cried." What happened?" Grandma asked." Iris slit her wrists. " I heard Aunt Charity say," Come on. Let's go, " Mom said. Mom drove us to the hospital. We asked for Iris, and they told us to wait in the waiting room. Me and mom sat down. I read the letter that was for me " This is all my fault" I said" Honey this isn't your fault" mom said" I was the one that made her feel like a burden about keeping her secret" I said with tears" I am sure that it isn't like that" Mom said. Then we saw Jayden coming into the hospital. I got up, " Jayden. What are you doing here?" I asked him." Is she okay?" Jayden asked." We don't know yet, " I said." Can I wait with you? I just need to know if she's okay, " He asked. I looked at mom, and she nodded, and he sat down with us. " I need her to be okay," Jayden said. " She is my sister. Even if we are not biologically sibling. She is. I can't imagine a world without her, " Jayden said." Jayden, what happened in class today? " Mom asked." Some stupid guy in class said something that set her off, " Jayden said." What did he say?" I asked." He said, "I bet that you led your uncle on. So it's all your fault,'" Jayden said. "Did he get in trouble?" I asked. Jayden shocked his head no.