13

Media shoot went by quickly, knowing that everyone had to prepare for tonight's race. I posted everything as soon as I was happy with the photos and videos. Time flew like crazy, the next thing I knew the sun was starting to set, I pulled my bomber jacket up, zipping up until my neck to hide the hickeys. Then I went to the Mclaren garage to say good luck to Lando and Oscar a bit over an hour before the race.

"Score that podium, Lando. And ask Lissie out. Officially." I said as I hugged him.

"Yes ma'am." He replied with a nervous grin.

I didn't hang around too long, knowing that I'm in Ferrari now, Zak would have the idea in the back of his head that I could relay anything I see here to Ferrari. A liability, in short. Especially on race days. And both drivers needed to prepare. Lando always eat the same thing for breakfast on race days, eggs on toast, then he would go into his driver's room and blast his playlist. Sometimes his DJ sets, when he's really feeling it. As I was walking out, aunt Cisca and uncle Adam spotted me.

"Soleil!" Aunt Cisca exclaimed, walking towards me.

"Aunt Cisca! Uncle Adam!" I greeted, hugging them without hesitation, "Lando didn't tell me you guys were coming!"

"Did he not?" Uncle Adam questioned, glaring at Lando who was approaching us.

"Did I not what?"

"How have you been? I haven't seen you since the start of the season! It's a bummer that your mom couldn't make it to this one." Aunt Cisca said.

The last time I saw the Norris' was at Christmas. We always have Christmas together, me and mom and the Norris'. Last year, we held it at their home in the UK. We always take turns. Mom and aunt Cisca always prepared the food, with uncle Adam on the barbecue.

"I've been great! The job at Ferrari is treating me well. And yeah, work is busy for her now."

Mom's a presenter. That was how she met my dad.

"Too well." Lando joked and I smacked his arm.

"Oh yes! I've heard about your new beau, Charles wasn't it? Nice young lad he is." Aunt Cisca replied.

I smiled awkwardly at her, "Yeah, yeah. He's really nice." I could tell that Lando was holding in his laughter from my peripheral vision and the fact that I couldn't do anything about it annoyed me. "Well, I better get back to the garage, I'm so sorry that this was short guys!"

"Oh don't be. You're just doing your job. We'll see you around, Soleil." Uncle Adam assured as I hugged them again.

"Podium Lando, podium!" I yelled as I walked back to the Ferrari paddock. Lissie and I haven't seen each other the whole day, besides this morning. Her day was busy, she also got called last night to do the post race interviews with Sky Sports tonight due to Natalie Pinkham falling in sick. I was more excited for her than she was for herself. This was such a huge stepping stone for her career.

No one could ever get over the race day jitters. Especially the first race of the season. Everyone was bustling around, having somewhere to go, garages to be at, things to go over. All the team principals with holding their breath until Crofty says 'Lights out and away we go!', all the mechanics and engineers, the drivers, and the fans of course. Every car was now on the grid, with Martin Brundle and Lissie going through everyone. I found Arthur as I was about to enter the track. It was a relief to see a familiar face here. Besides Lissie, because she was on the clock.

"Are you excited?" Arthur asked as we walked past the front row, filled with Max's Red Bull and Charles' Ferrari.

"I think I'm more nervous than excited."