9

"Oh hello," Lando greeted them, "And yes you are."

"So like, stay back 5 steps between us." I added, picking up the pace with Lando. George put his hands up in defeat and gave the distance I asked for, with Carlos and Charles slowing their pace too.

"You and George have been hanging out a lot more recently. Is there something I should know? A move to Mercedes maybe? With the rumors of Lewis retiring?" I asked lowly, not wanting the three member boyband behind us to hear.

A smile formed on Lando's face, "It's too early to confirm, we haven't even started this season. But yes, Toto and I have been talking since the end of last year, actually."

"And you kept that from me?!" I hissed, annoyed.

"I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up! Especially mine! So please, keep it on the down low."

"When have you known me to snitch?"

"Once. When I wouldn't share the ice cream with you. You went up to our moms and straight up snitched."

"Well it was my ice cream in the first place! You had your own tub!"

"I think the siblings are fighting." Carlos yelled from behind, with Charles and George laughing.

"Is this entertainment for you guys?" I yelled back.

"That's your job isn't it?" Charles asked, holding in his laughter.

I gave him the middle finger, "Maybe get pole and win the race and we'll talk about who's doing their job right."

"Oooh." Was all that George said while Lando and I kept on walking.

"Can I just say, you and Charles, whatever is going on, is not on the bingo card I made for you this year." Lando said.

Each season, Lando and I always make a bingo card for each other, five by five, to fill in the whole season. The one who gets bingo first wins. I must admit, it contains the craziest things, but sometimes we were accurate and we definitely get competitive over this.

"Excuse you!" I exclaimed and Lando chuckled, "Gentle reminder that bingo starts tomorrow though."

"What bingo?" George asked, now clearly behind us.

"I said five steps, George." I stated again.

"We're racers, Sol, we can't be slow." Charles said, joining the conversation.

"Oh, I know the bingo." Carlos said, getting excited, "Care to show this year's cards?"

"Nope." Lando and I replied at the same time.

"But we'll definitely let you know who won first." Lando added.

"Anyone care to fill Charles and I in?"

"They make each other bingo cards for each race season." Carlos explained, "Ever since Lando started in Formula 1."

"Why haven't we done that before? We should make one, Charles."

"Sounds like a plan, George, I'll give one to you tomorrow before qualifying."

"How about me?"

"You can make one for Oscar. He'll definitely do it." Lando answered, beaming at his old teammate, "Now can we get our five steps back please?"

*

Morning of qualifying in the paddock was always hectic. Especially the first one of the season. Charles came by my room again early in the morning to ask for another round of concealer, which I couldn't say no to because he simply wouldn't leave and I felt bad for Lissie to be waking up to my small argument with Charles. Just like the previous days, I applied and blended my concealer onto his neck, which was clearly still not a shade match. To thank me, Charles gave me a kiss on the cheek. But this morning, it was different.