Confession

●MONAMI●

It is Wednesday today and a party is being organised because high level people from Defence Ministry are coming to pay it a visit and honor Batra Sir for his exemplary 30 years into the service.

Batra Sir will be retiring next year so it is the best time to award him.

The stage is decorated in a blue and white setup with fairylights, curtains and fake flowers. Chairs are set up in front of the stage and behind are some tables and chairs.
Servers have been appointed.

All this decoration looks impossible to be done in a short span of time but the academy trainers and cadets together managed to do it as no event management company was available and available ones refused due to the time span.

Despite being so much better in health none of them allowed to be of any help physically all I could do is check if the checklist is complete and that nothing is being missed out on. I understand that it also an important task but still.

Karan has been very busy with the preparations. He on several occasions has told me how Batra Sir is his role model and guide. I am sure the amount of happiness and excitement he is radiating for this ceremony won't be the same for his own service award.

The person who I haven't seen excited for parties, had to be coaxed to attend a welcome back for him is not taking part in the preparations with full enthusiasm.

***

Batra Sir's award ceremony went well and he gave an emotional speech that almost everyone was in tears. Karan, the tough guy was trying to hide his tears.

I am drinking my cranberry juice and Batra Sir is sitting with the ministry official opposite to my end when I notice Karan talking to someone.

She is a beautiful woman wearing a blue gown. Her height is quite compatible to Karan's assuming she is not wearing heels.

They are talking about something holding mocktails in their hands and laughing with it. I have never seen Karan laughing so much.

Faizi comes near me ...

"Kay dekh rahi ho...??? Karan ko ???" He asks

"Nahi."

"Thank you Monami mere dost ki woh khoyi hui hasi lautane ke liye.. Ek secret batau ..??"

"Sure."

"Karan was a big flirt earlier woh aise hi hass hass kar ladkiyon ko apni smile se charm kar jaata tha.."

"Really ??" I ask laughing the most fakest laugh one could have ever heard of..

The jealousy that had started to brew inside me earlier was now at its boiling stage. He said he will take time to find a new love and I thought that it would be atleast after I am done with my training but he has started to show off his flirtation skills.. I mean I was happy for him then but all this is happening in front of me and I can't contain my jealousy...

When he has decided to step in the market of single and ready to date person I should atleast tell him I am an interested keeper.

I walk towards Karan.

"We need to talk." I interrupt his conversation..

"Right now ?" His audacity to ask this .

"Yes." I say with authority..

"Okay" he follows me to a secluded corner.

"I am jealous." I turn to him after stopping and immediately blurt out the truth...

"Sorry..." there is a genuine confused look on his face...

"I said I am jealous." I repeat myself.

"From whom ? Why?"

"That girl in the blue dress and because of you..."

"Monami trust me I am not following what you are saying..."

"So let me tell you again... since you have put yourself on the market of single and available to date from single but not available to date... I decided to tell you that I am interested in dating you."

"Why would you want to date someone who has put you through so much hate..??"

I casually shrug my shoulders... "Since you are attractive, hot and took some extra steps of trusting me and also in helping me... I like you. The way you went out of your way to do things for me..."

"But that day you said we are only trainer - cadet and patient - therapist."

"A reminder to myself..."

Noticing Karan's surprised face I speak again...

"Look Karan I am not expecting an answer or something... I told you I like you bas baat khatam ho gayi... When you are ready to answer reject me pr accept me.."

"But you didn't say.." he says in a voice which I barely catch...

"Didn't say what..??"

"That you like me.." He says it in a straightforward tone...

"I like you.." I reply in the same way..

"Me too.."

"And why would you like someone with a name and face similar to your biggest trauma..???" After I complete my sentence I realise that he said he likes me too... I want to jump up in joy... but then I understand what I said and grasp the knowledge that I have dug my own grave..

"Because I have let go of my trauma... and you are not same as hour... I notice how different your eyes are from hers, how differently your lips curl up when you smile... I notice these minute details which make you different from her... you helped me heal Monami, even if it was your job you took so many extra steps just to heal me which made me like you..."

Hearing his words a relief rushes over me, the feeling to know he knows why he likes me is more comforting than the feeling of him liking me. I am glad I asked him a question which seemed like digging my own grave.

" I honestly don't know how to react to this.." I confess...

"Same.." He smiles... it seems like the prettiest smile I have ever seen.. I snap out of my thoughts and ask the question which troubled me i  the start

"Who was she between..??"

"She .. oh the girl with me..."

"Yes you were laughing a lot.."

"She is just an ex colleague who was reminding me of old days... and a funny incident related to one of our colleagues... she had a boyfriend back then and is married to him now.. so relax..."

"Okkk."

"Between I am glad you felt the way I did when you went on a date with that idiot."

"He was an idiot trust me..." I laugh and soon even the voice of his laughter spreads through the air.

■■■

Not a lot of chapters are left.

Hope you guys like it ❤️