He felt Mark freeze against him and there was a few beats of silence.

A breathe was sucked out of him when Mark pushed his face further into his stomach and his arms slowly curled around his waist.

Before Donghyuck could even open his mouth, he felt something wet against his skin.

This time it wasn't a kiss.

It was tears.

"I thought I lost you," Mark finally spoke but his arms held tighter as he let out a few quiet cries.

Donghyuck tried to touch his head but Mark shook his head frantically against his tummy.

"No," Mark whispered. "I'm so afraid."

Donghyuck decided to stay quiet and let Mark say everything he clearly needed to.

"I'm afraid I'm always losing you- like- if I don't watch myself then something is just going to take you from me," Mark eyes squeezed shut and Donghyuck felt his wet lashes against his skin.

"...but...but if i hold too tight I'm afraid you'll walk away."

That was enough for Donghyuck to reach a hand down to brush gently as his hair.

To let Mark know that he is here.

"I've watched everything crash down around me-" Mark choked. "I didn't want to want anything. If I wanted something then it would just go up in flames like everything else...so I decided not to do anything...about anything or anyone."

Donghyuck felt his own lip wobbled as he stared up at the ceiling.

"I was someone who woke up just to go through the motions then go back to sleep at night."

He never noticed there were a few glow in the dark stars stuck to it.

"I never wanted anything so bad until I met you," Mark's thumb began to rub circles on his back.

"You made me forget everything. You made me feel again. You-you-" Mark's voice cracked for a moment and his nails accidently dug into Donghyuck's skin.

"You made me want to live."

Donghyuck felt a tear finally escape from his own eye.

You made me want to live too.

"You mean so much and...and..." Mark held back a sob. "I just knew it was gonna kill me if I ever hurt you- a-and I did- and- I- I'm so sorry-"

Mark let out the most heart-wrenching sob against him as he held him even closer.

Donghyuck reached his other hand down to rub his hand against Mark's shoulder blade.

Mark attempted to take a deep breath but he only let out another cry.

"B-but you-" Mark stuttered against him. "You came back- and you-"

"I love you," Donghyuck's own broken voice finished.

Mark froze against him again but this time he was finally able to take deep breaths.

One of Mark's hands unwrapped from around him to intertwine their fingers.

"You're everything to me," Mark finally lifted his head to rest his chin on his stomach instead.

Donghyuck glanced down at his face and his heart broke.

His face was covered in tears. His wet cheeks stained red. His nose was twitching with sniffles. His eyes completely drowning in active tears. His lower lip was popped out and shaking.

Mark raised himself up until their faces were only centimeters apart.

Mark's other hand came up to cup Donghyuck's own wet cheek.

"My angel," Mark whispered and bumped their noses together.

Donghyuck felt too many emotions coursing through his veins.

It was too much.

"I love you so much," Mark broke off into uncontrollable sobs again.

Donghyuck wrapped his arms around Mark's neck to pull their bodies impossibly closer before crying his own heart out.