06

《♡°♡°♡°☆°♡°♡°♡》

Arius

"Marry me," I had proposed.

But I wasn't ready for her reaction - she looks horrified, it's so funny. The water she had spat is now soaking her blouse, which is white. Of Fucking course.

The soaked white blouse is sticking to her skin showing the black bra she had worn and leaving me breathless. I mean what

My mind is imagining inappropriate things- more like scenes that contain both of us drenched and-

I hear Lucian clear her throat and that breaks me from whatever trance I was in. Fuck I am sure I look like a creep ogling my assistant.

"I- what are you talking about?" She says wiping herself off with my handkerchief, the one I had given her.

"I will pay you 10 million dollars if you marry me for 6 months," I say the facts, resting my arms on my forearms on my knees.

"What the fuck?" She whispers to herself, but I hear it anyways.

"You can't just ask me to be your wife and expect me to stay still and just accept. I mean I get it you're attractive and all, but what even?" She says, her expression is furious.

Amusement blisters my cheeks, "You think I am attractive?" I ask my pulse strumming in my throat. She thinks I am attractive.

"What? That's the only thing you paid attention to? Self-centered much?" She snaps. I don't understand why she is angry. This offer can save her life.

Mine too.

"I need a fake bride and you need money, Lucian," I state the facts. "It will benefit us both, think about it."

She sighs a long sigh, a sigh which says a lot. It is a bittersweet melody, the song of tiredness and relief in one. I can relate.

"So?" I ask softly, meeting her eyes. They glint with defeat and something fierce.

"We only live once, you know," she says, looking at me with so much spark and fierceness.

"What's the worst that can happen anyway?"
"Right?"
"Right," I respond.

"So, Are you gonna accept my offer or something?" I ask, hoping that I am not sounding that desperate. Truth be told, I am desperately so in need of a fake bride, and she can live up to the role.

"Or something," she chuckles, sounding bittersweet.

"Lord, save me," I hear her mutter. "Look, I need some time to think about this offer, you know?" She says, staring at the empty water bottle.

She looks lost, as always. I wonder if she feels alive or if she feels like she is just surviving in this world.

"I know," I respond, giving her the contract I had prepared overnight yesterday. It took me a lot of courage to propose to her and I ended up scaring her. Perfect, as always.

"What is this?" She says looking suspiciously at the contract and then at me.

"The marriage contract," I respond warily handing the paper over to her. She takes it in from my hands, our fingers brush. The brief touch of her fingers is electric.

She looks at me and then at the contract, muttering some words to herself. She talks to herself a lot.

"How are you so sure I am gonna accept your offer, Mr. Moreno?" She asks not meeting my eyes.

"We are just Arius and Lucian when we are not talking about the office work, No, I am not sure that you will accept my offer, I just know that you need money and I need a bride."

"A fake bride, Mr. Moreno" she corrects me.

"A fake bride" right.

"Go home, Lucian, and take the contract with you, make the corrections, however, you would like it to be, add points or whatever. If you- just in case decide to accept my offer you can call or text me on my personal number." I say dismissing her.

.

"I am very disappointed in you, Arius," my father says his words laced with endless anger for me.

I can never be the son he wants me to be, I will never be good enough for him because it is true, whatever he says. He is right.

I tell myself I don't care that much but his words have worked their way into my mind.

I am a disappointment and his only son left. The son he never cared for, the son he wished to never have. The son he wished would've died instead of my brother.

"I am sorry, sir," I say dropping the flowers on the grave of the only person who used to understand and accept me the way I am, Alex.

Maybe I should have died instead of Alex. Because then my father would've been happy and would've never hurt me physically and mentally. The way only he could.

But then my brother would have to torment his tortures and feel what I feel. It's my fault he is dead.

I should have been the one who died instead of him.

"Leave" he orders.

I leave.

《♡°♡°♡°☆°♡°♡°♡》

words: 810

《♡°♡°♡°☆°♡°♡°♡》

Never realized a caring and sweet person like Arius could have a traumatic past

Vote, please.

QOTD: What is your favorite Wattpad book?

I have so many favsss.

☆《♡》☆《♡》☆《♡》☆