05

Lucian

Lucian

"What's wrong, Lucy?" My best friend Char asks me.

I shook my head, unable to speak. Char sat down next to me and put her arm around my shoulder. It was a simple gesture, but it meant the world to me.

"What's wrong?" she asks again.

"I am so fucked, Char" I tremble in her hold. She had invited me for a sleepover and I am ruining the vibe by crying over my problems.

She holds me tightly, and I tell her about my near-death encounter in the lift, about the debts, about every fucking thing until I am nothing but a pathetic sobbing mess.

It was not my intention to have a full-on mental breakdown, yet here I am.

"It's okay, mi amour, you have me in your life everything will be okay," she says holding me still.

"The workload is too much for me, I've started working overtime for the money. I can't handle it anymore. I am breaking down." I cry my problems out.

Char reassures and comforts me, "My baby, maybe you should tell your boss about your condition, he can raise your current salary or something." She suggests handing me a glass of water.

I thank her and think about what she said as I sip the water. She is right, maybe he will understand. what's the worse that could happen to me, anyways?

"Wanna watch our movie while I make us some snacks?" Char suggests trying to lighten up my mood. God, I love her.

.

It's Monday. I have been thinking about what Char said, and I've concluded that maybe he will understand me.

I mean he seems pretty cold, yet an understanding man.

It's 8 AM, I should probably get ready for today, I don't want to be late.

I open my closet and grab the first thing I found, a full sleeve black top and then I dig deeper to find my beige pants and a black trench coat to go with it.

It's really cold in here, so a trench is a must.