Chapter Thirteen

Hey guys! I haven't thought of a new title but I'm still working on that. Any suggestions are appreciated? Anyways I hope you all enjoy the chapter. Please vote and comment!!!! :)

<3 JMarie

Chapter Thirteen

Later that week, Christina sat crisscross legged on her bed. She was home alone and had the newest Trey Songz CD blasting out the speakers while she flipped through the lasted edition of Cosmopolitan.

Her parents were gone for the weekend for their anniversary and wouldn't be back until late Sunday afternoon. Before they left she remembered them telling her the rules of being able to stay home by herself. They'd told her no parties, no boys or company besides the girls, no staying out pass curfew and if I need something to call or go next door to Mrs. Perry's. Oh yeah... And try to go to church which she failed to do the last time she was left home alone.

They hadn't said the rules to her in forever. But the last few times she wasn't in a relationship. She knew better than to break them or try to pull something. 'You never know who's watching' is what her dad always said before he left, which led her to believe he was in someway.

Christina sighed out loud as she flipped to the next page of the magazine. Her teacup yorkie, Simba was in her lap, leaning against her legs. She reached down and ran her fingers through her fur once then twice. Simba responded with a drowsy bark like she always did when having her fur rubbed.

She began to think about Jason and bit down on her bottom lip. He made her feel so good in everything he did, the way he held her close when they hugged or kissed. The way he made her laugh and the way he looked at her as if she was the only girl in the world.

Jason could easily be with any other girl. But he was with her. Sometimes she had to pinch herself just in case she was dreaming. Like the first time she'd went to his house and asked, "Why me?" He simply said, "Because you're different."

Christina still sometimes found herself questioning, why her? Even though he told her, she felt he could do so much better without all the drama she brought like Shawn. Although she hadn't heard from or seen him since Monday she had this uncanny feeling that he was going to resurface any time soon.

Sighing again, Christina got out of bed and turned off her CD

player. Simba was hot on her tail as she streaked out of her room and went downstairs, heading for the kitchen.

"Ding, dong!" The front door doorbell sounded as she turned a

corner. Walking to the door, she looked out the peephole. Shawn? She shouldn't be surprised, she knew he would pop up sooner or later and here he was.

She debated on opening the door but thought since he came this far, she might as well find out why.

Christina opened the door slowly. "Hey. What are you doing here?" she asked, picking up Simba before she could run outside.

"You weren't answering your phone."

"Oh. I don't know where it is at the moment. Not that I

would've answered if I did," she added quickly.

He smiled. No, it was more of one of his smartass smirks. "Can I come in?" he asked.

"Nope."

"Why not?"

Christina shrugged. "Because it's one of the rules. No boys are allowed in the house."

"Okay... Then you come out here. I just want to talk. We can take Simba on a walk," Shawn suggested.