Chapter Eleven.

New chapter! Hope you enjoy!

<3 JMarie

Chapter Eleven

Jason sat in Sunday School staring at the teacher, trying to pay attention. The guy was average height, dark brown skin, he was round in his face and stomach. The kids around the church called him Mr. Henry.

Mr. Henry kept it real through the lessons and tried to relate them to everyday life for them. Today the topic was "Having faith," coming out of Matthew 6:28-33.

Jason watched him talk, every word just seeming to go in one ear and out the other. His head was so full of thoughts of Christina and the talk they had on Friday. They hadn't seen or spoken to each other since and he had to admit... he was beginning to miss that girl. To make matters worse his ankle still hurt like hell although the swelling had gone down a bit.

This was the last place he wanted to be right now, he thought, feeling a little bad to be thinking that about church.

"Jason, I asked you a question," Mr. Henry said.

Jason blinked once, then said, "Sorry. Can you repeat it?"

"Do you think having faith is enough?" he said again.

"Enough for what?" Jason asked confused.

Mr. Henry walked around the room as he debated how to respond to his question. "Enough for you and God's relationship?"

Jason thought for a second. "Umm. Not exactly."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I think just having faith won't be enough for that

relationship. There's other elements that need to go into a

relationship with God like love, trust, and hope."

"Do everyone else agree with him?" Mr. Henry asked.

They all began to nod their heads.

By the end of the class, Mr. Henry concluded that Jason was right just having faith wasn't enough for a relationship with God. He also said that God wants a relationship like the friendships they had with their friends. "He wants to be your friend," he said lastly.

Jason got up at the end of class and used his crunches to get to the elevator that lead up to the ground level of the church. As he got on, he felt a hand touch the center of his back and he was tempted to look back, but was too focused on getting inside the elevator.

"Jason," he heard a female voice say his name softly.

He then turned around and leaned on the ledge for support. He noticed the girl was Crystal, Mo'Nique's cousin. She'd just moved to Atlanta from Crenshaw and was always with her cousin. She must of found out about him turning her cousin down, he thought. "Hey Crystal," he finally said.

She went to press the ground level floor button then turned around, folding her arms under her chest. She was pretty, he thought, looking her up and down but she's always so angry.

"I thought you liked my cousin," she said. "What happened?"

Jason rolled his eyes. "Crystal now you know that me and Mo'Nique have not talked since August and it's October now. And baby girl I hate to break it to you, but I've got a girl. I don't want Mo'Nique no more."

"Oh, really?" she questioned as the elevator came to a stop.

"Yeah, really." He began to walk off the elevator with his