Act X

"Your companions lying over there... I guess you can say... They got hurt because of you." Akutagawa stated.

"Because of me, everyone..?" A look of horror flashed across Atsushi's face. You slowly came up to him, and used your brother's ability. It calmed him down, but not for long. Panic struck along his face again.

"Indeed, that is your doing, man-tiger. You are calamity upon those around you simply by living. You should have sensed it yourself, right?" He stared at Atsushi, seemingly ignoring you for now, "Rashoumon."

A large creature came out of his coat.  Immediately, Atsushi fell to the floor as he was bitten. Only for the boy to get back up and charge at Akutagawa.

'How stupid. It's as my brother said, emotions are a curse. Oh well, I tried to help.'

You watched in horror as Atsushi turned into a half tiger form, inwardly cringing at how terrifying it looked. Soon enough, he transformed fully, and you were once again greeted by a fluffy white tiger.

Deciding Atsushi would be okay like this, you began helping Junichiro and Naomi. Slowly, you observed as colour returned to their faces, even if only temporarily. The blood stopped running for now, but they'd definitely need to see a doctor.

Junichiro extended a hand, and trapped Akutagawa in his ability. You winced as the mangled tiger disappeared, and revealed Atsushi in perfect condition. The two charged at each other again, and you silently closed your eyes.

Only to open them again when you heard Dazai's voice. "Now, now. That's enough," he said calmly, extending a hand to both of them to stop their attacks.

Higuchi's eyes widened in shock. "You're from the Agency! Why are you here?"

"I'm interested in stalking beauties, so I slipped this on you." He smirked, not at all ashamed.

You soon lost interest in their conversation. All you could tell was that both Dazai and Akutagawa recognised each other, and that's all you cared to know. Slowly, you pulled Naomi into your arms and Junichiro onto your back.

When the two were done with their reunion, you sighed in annoyance.

"Dazai, can you take Atsushi? I'm not interested in breaking my back."

Your statement was met with a smirk, as if you had said something inappropriate. Quickly, you felt it necessary to add, "from carrying three people." The bandaged man just chuckled, swinging Atsushi over his shoulder. You winced.

Over the journey back to the agency, you saw how careless Dazai was with Atsushi's unconscious body. So, halfway through, you took it upon yourself to carry all three of your unconscious colleagues. Dazai just looked as smug as ever, shaking his head.

"Wow! Little Mister (Y/N) Turgenev is so strong!" He laughed.

You only sighed in humiliation and defeat. And finally, you were met with the Agency door. Immediately, Kunikida led you to the infirmary, where Naomi, Junichiro and Atsushi were all laid down. A weight was lifted off your shoulders, both figuratively and literally.