Act III

In the faint light of the warehouse, Dazai was reading a book. Atsushi was sat down in not too far away from him. As for you, you were in the corner, emotionless and staring out into the distance.

Atsushi was the first to break the silence, "Is... Is it really going to come here?"
Dazai didn't look up from his book, answering confidently, "It will."

The younger boy stared nervously at Dazai, and the detective finally looked at him.
"Nothing to worry about. And when it does, it will be far outclassed. I am an Armed Detective Agent, mind."

Atsushi lowered his head, staring at the floor. "Haha... You're so confident... At the orphanage, people always told me I was worthless... I have no idea where my next meal will come from... Or my next bed..." He looked absolutely miserable, hiding his face in his knees.
"No one would care if I died in the street. I might as well just let that beast eat me and be done with it..."

Dazai stared at him, then looked up at the sky. The clouds moved away, revealing the moon.

"Now then... It should be arriving soon."

A sudden slam caused you to jump up in alert. On the other side of the warehouse, Atsushi shuddered. Slowly, you walked around the warehouse, ignoring the conversation going on. After confirming that there was indeed nothing there, you walked over to Dazai and Atsushi...

Only to see a white tiger instead of Atsushi. The beast pounced onto Dazai, who dodged to the side. It roared, and struck again. Finally, Dazai was trapped against the wall, and the predator was moving closer to him.

"Death at the claws of a mad predator does possess a certain appeal... But sadly, you cannot kill me," the bandaged man pressed his hand closer to the tiger, and the beast disappeared when the two made contact.

"My power allows me to nullify the gift's wielded by other merely by touching them."

The younger boy fell onto Dazai's chest, but Dazai pushes him off. On instinct, you rushed to catch him. He landed on your lap, still unconscious. The bandaged man looked at you, and smirked.

"Hey! Dazai?"

The man in question pointed to Atsushi, who was laying unconscious on your lap, "Ah, yes. You're late. I've caught our tiger."

You decided to ignore their conversation in favour of making sure the boy was still alive. Then, you looked up to see a bunch of people staring down at you.

"What? No casualties? Well, that's just downright boring."

Akiko Yosano.
Skill: Thou Shalt Not Die

"You've certainly made yourself useful, Dazai... Not quite up to my level yet though."

Ranpo Edogawa
Skill: Super Deduction

"But what are we going to do with him? He knew nothing about this, right?"

Kenji Miyazawa
Skill: Undefeated By The Rain

"Well, what'll we do, Dazai? The city has already labelled him a dangerous beast."

Doppo Kunikida
Skill: The Matchless Poet

"Hee hee... As it happens, I have already decided the matter."

Dazai Osamu
Skill: No Longer Human

Dazai shoots the boy a glance, and then closes his eyes, "we shall take them both into our employ."

You sigh, nodding along to whatever they have in store for you. After all, you were a foreigner with no job here. There was nothing for you.

The two boys, the new employees.

Nakajima Atsushi
Skill: Beast Beneath The Moonlight

(Y/N) Turgenev
Skill: Fathers And Sons

You woke up next to Atsushi, jumping slightly at the close contact. A tremendous fear filled you.

'Brother always said... But I've just escaped from brother! But...'

Internally arguing with yourself, you turned to look at the two outfits. Both of them had post-it notes on them, and you look at the one with your name.

(If you don't like it just choose another)

Sighing, you put on the many layers of clothing. A sense of confusion went through you as you saw the empty pendant on the necklace, but immediately you understood. You could probably fit in a jewel, or a small photo.

The other boy was still asleep, so you decided to wander around. Eventually, you couldn't help but start humming a lullaby.

You woke up frantically, with a nightmare. By your side, was your brother. He immediately ran a hand through your hair, and slowly sang to you.

"Bayu, Bayushki, Bayu.."

The song continued. Among your panic, you felt Ivan use his ability on you. There was no other explanation for the way your stress immediately disappeared.

Ivan Turgenev
Skill: Torrents Of Spring

Now, you couldn't help frown at the memory, even if you were still singing the same old lullaby. So lost in memory, you didn't notice what was going on behind you...