Act VI

Have you ever wondered what death feels like? The idea that, in those final five seconds, the whole world becomes tranquil. Despite knowing it was a test, you silently hoped the bomb was real.

Five...
Four...
Three...
Two..
One..

You closed your eyes, but nothing came. Opening your eyes again, you saw Atsushi wrapping his arms around the bomb.

Zero.

Nothing happened.

Dazai laughed it off. In the two days you've known Dazai, he's always been like this. "Oh brother... I thought he was a fool, but not to that extent! And (Y/N), just embracing it... They both have the makings of a suicide enthusiast. I see..."

The weretiger boy looked confused. Suddenly, the girl who had been playing hostage jumped up and hugged her brother.

"AHHH! OH, THAT WAS GREAT, NII-SAMA! ARE YOU OKAY!?"

There was a loud crack. This girl... Had broken her 'brothers' bones. Were they siblings? You didn't know.

"You can blame Dazai for this... Or yourself, for seeking work from the wrong agent," Kunikida, surprisingly calmly, stated.

"Indeed. There you have it, Atsushi-kun, (Y/N)-kun. Call this... A sort of... Entrance examination."

"Exactly." An unfamiliar voice rang out. Almost immediately, your heard turned to the one who spoke. A tall man in a green yukata and black haori.

Yukichi Fukuzawa
Skill: All Men Are Equal

Kunikida bowed, showing respect to the new individual, "Boss."

You raised an eyebrow at this. Of course, you couldn't doubt he was the president of the Armed Detective Agency. That much was clear in how his emotions were in check, and how well he kept them hidden.

Atsushi didn't take it as well as you did. "B- Boss?!" He broke out into a stuttering mess.

"Dazai over there informed me of two young men he called 'promising'. I wanted to test the veracity of these upstart's souls."

The man mentioned just smirked, raising s hand as he talked, "I recommended you two to the boss, but remember, Atsushi-kun, you remain wanted by the local ward... In your beast form," Atsushi's jaw drops, but Dazai continues, "there was some debate over whether we should protect you. Thus, our boss decreed that we stage all of this."

Kunikida stared at Fukuzawa, "So, sir... Your decision?"

The man twirled, and left the room. "I leave it in Dazai's hands," was all he said.

"Welcome to the Armed Detective Agency, Atsushi-kun, (Y/N)-kun."

"Hee-hee! The pleasure's all mine," the girl said, gripping her brother tightly.

Said brother winced, "O- ow! That hurts, all right? I'm sorry, Naomi! I'm sorry!"

Junichiro Tanizaki
Skill: Light Snow

And his sister...

Naomi Tanizaki

Atsushi fell backwards onto the floor, a thump sounding. Shock smeared all over his face, he questioned, "All this elaborate nonsense... Just to test me?"

You had to stop yourself from laughing, as you replied in a monotone voice, "Mhm. It was a test for the both of us. You passed because you were able to think of how to stop the bomb, I passed because I realised it was a test."

The boy looks horrified, "YOU DID?!"

Dazai and Kunikida both nod, confirming your statement. Poor Atsushi looks even more horrified, going so pale he looks paper white.