It'll Be Okay

With a renewed trust in each other, Sae and I spent hours in our art gallery! To my surprise, the versatile player was not one bit a versatile artist! And it super fun, teaching him how to draw!! I ever tried to sketch him. But it was a long process and Sae refused to sit straight and be model! So poor me came back empty handed. I felt I could be open around him. And Sae listened. He listened with rapt attention to everything I said, and I was free to just....blabber....around him. It was liberating. Finally, I felt myself glowing, once again. And my drawing could tell just that. Before I knew it, the clock had struck 9:00 p.m.! 2 hours simply flew by, and the both of us knew we were to get back. 

The thought of that, suddenly made me sad. It hurt to let him, and even more so, the knowledge that we would not see each other for several days again! 

As I shut the lights off and proceeded to lock the room, I heard a notification in my mobile. 

Rin 💖: 
Meet me at my place in 15 minutes, (y/n) . 

It was short and crisp. Practical as usual. But what surprised me was that it disclosed nothing. Rin never texted me for no reason. And whenever he did, he specified the reason he was texting me. So the mystery was suffocating. 

"Um...Sae-kun, please drop me at Rin's place. He's calling me for some time." I informed him. 

As we stepped down the elevator, just the two of us, I felt that this silence was not one bit stifling. But I was overjoyed at Sae's attempt to make a conversation. 

"What other offices or places are here?" 

"This is basically a place for informal usage only. So there are not many commercial offices here. Just places like, Art room, Music Room, Writing room, Coding room, whatever you want. You can rent a place for some time, as you find yourself comfortable, or buy it as a whole. The room I use is purchased for me." I informed him. 

"Then, can I rent a place too?" 

That surprise me! THE Itoshi Sae, wanting some alone time to...paint? I found that particularly amusing, and decided to express my curiosity. 
"Um...why?" I asked him. 

"I...like to read. But, I am usually not free enough to be able to read. I figured I could, maybe, rent a room and....read." And for the first time in my life, I spotted a slight blush forming on those rosy cheeks of his. I couldn't help but reach out to pull them! 

"Don't laugh." He responded awkwardly. 

" I am not." I informed. "I am amused, and slightly excited, but I am not laughing. And for your question...yes. You have to see if there are any rooms available though. If there are, you can rent or buy one." 

He seemed to relax a little, before asking, "How do you feel about our little...secret...escapades?" 

He was a bit hesitant to know my opinion, but I wanted to be honest with him. I wanted to never, ever, hide anything from him!!! So, I responded with the truth. 

"I...am not sure. It liberates me! I feel free when I am with you. I feel like that's the only time I can be me! Time with you, it makes me feel like the hands choking me have been removed. Even if for a little while. But, I am scared. What if...what if Rin gets to know? He'll forbid me from leaving! He'll estrange me from you. But...most of all...he'll be terribly hurt! He won't like it. But, he'll also stop trusting me. I don't want that to happen." 

"Do you love my younger brother?" The question was unexpected and strangely quiet. It was almost as if a silent plea made to me. But for what, I knew not. In such situations, I should have responded with an easy yes. I mean, it was Rin! Whenever someone asked me if I loved him, I was supposed to say yes. No questions asked. 

But I could not understand myself, why no words could come out this time. The yes was almost as if stuck in my throat. 

Before I realized, we had reached the car. I opened the door and quietly slipped past him. I didn't notice how awkward those few moments of silence must have been for Sae, before he started the engine and drove off. 

Once again, he was the first to begin a conversation: 
"Do you...want to tell Rin about it?" I wondered for a while, before asking him:
"What do you think I should do?" 
"Whatever you do, I'll support you." His response was startling. How could he trust me so much with a decision that could, rather, would hurt him even more?! 

"Sae. Rin will....not approve of you anymore!" 

"Yeah? He already doesn't. I've got nothing more to lose anyway." And in that tone, I could spot a tint of sadness I would not have before today. So I instinctively held his hand in mine, and did nothing but whisper, "It'll be okay." 

This time, I meant that promise! 

Stealing Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें