Tears and Truth

Rin held me awkwardly in his shy embrace. But that was all one could expect from him really. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and led me back inside to the living room, seated me on the couch and left me for the next 2 minutes. When he came, he had a box of tissues in his hands, which he handed over to me, and seated himself slightly distant from my crying figure. 

Handing me over the box, he said,
"U...Use this. Don't dirty your hands." 

That made a slight smile break at my face. 

"Do you...want to talk about it?" 
He asked me.

These! These words only came out of my mouth. My tears always, always annoyed Rin! So, how come he was agreeing to listen to my sob story. 

I shook my head in a no, and quietly said, "Maybe some other time." 

"Itoshi-San, can I ask you something?" I asked him quietly, once my tears had calmed down and I found myself thinking of only one things: The promise I had made to Sae, "It'll be okay." 

Rin raised an eyebrow, but before he could respond, the butler returned with 2 glasses of hot chocolate for me and him!!! I had never been so overjoyed before, and with a bright smile on my face, I accepted the large cup! 

Rin got a hot chocolate for me!! What more could I absolutely want?! For a second, my mind did divert from my mission, but then I turned to face him fully on the couch. 

"Itoshi-San, what...do you feel towards....Sae-san?" I was quivering asking him this. he almost always seemed to lose his temper at any mention of his brother. And I was sure that this time would be nothing different. 

I was right. 

He inched closer to my face, looked at me directly in the eyes and said, "Don't. You. Dare. Utter. His. Name. In. My. Presence. Whatever I feel towards him has got nothing to do with you." His eyes uttered pure rage, and I suddenly felt really small in his presence.

Everything had been going so perfectly. Of Course things had to mess up towards the end of the day. 

I nodded quietly, and felt tears prickle once again at the edge of my eyes. Curse you, Sae! It was Sae who had matured me enough to not hold my tears in anymore. Sae, who told me to be myself. And the real version of me, did not allow me to suppress my tears! So I felt them brim in my eyes again. 

To avoid Rin from seeing them, I turned around and started drinking my hot chocolate in silence. But while I could hide my tears from him, I was sure he could hear me sniffle. Gosh, why did I have to be such an idiot! I am worrying (and possibly annoying) Rin again! 

Even if he did hear, he did not say anything. By the time I finished my hot chocolate, my tear had dried as well. I proceeded to get up, but he beat me to it. A light hand from Rin crept up on my shoulder, held me in place and even tried to turn me around. The least I could do to make up for my tantrums was turn around and do as he said. 

He held my hands in his lap and said, 
"I am not sure anymore." 

That...made my blood run cold! Was Rin breaking up with me?! Did I do anything wrong? Was Rin okay? 

"I have...no idea, how I feel about Sae now!" 

So this was what he was talking about . I said nothing. Just looked at him with patient and kind eyes. 

Rin POV 

(y/n) seemed a bit weird today. Usually, she was the one to strike all conversations. I had no idea how those roles reversed today. Gosh, I had been dating her for the past 1 year, but I still couldn't figure her out. What sort of boyfriend was I?! 

When I confronted her about it, the last think I expected her to do was break out in tears! I had no idea how to confront her! I was not used to people crying around me! So while I tried to hug her, I figured she needed he space. So I let her cry alone and gave her a glass of hot chocolate! 

But she! She was the damned **** here! She had the audacity to ask me about him! About the guy who so readily left me behind for his own sake. I hated him! And in that moment, I hated her too! Why did she have to ask me about him so casually? Who the hell was he to her?! But when I heard her cry, I felt like...maybe...I owed it to her. 

So I asked her to face me. 

Perhaps, opening my heart up to her wouldn't have been so wrong, right...? Right...? 

And then I began...The story of me, and Itoshi Sae! The story of me and the villain of this tale.