An Amazing Friend

Choosing a dress was always a hassle. Rin wanted me to look my prettiest, and he never appreciated even the tiniest bit of fault. So my dress up was always elaborate, like that of a rich brat. And I had finally grown accustomed to that. And along these lines, I decided to choose the dress for my... meeting... with Itoshi Sae...It was nothing complicated. A flowly, sparkly top and simple pair of jeans, along with a Gucci bag and 4-inch silver heels

I hoped I would not embarrass Itoshi Sae with this dress up. 

And before I knew it, 6:00 p

And before I knew it, 6:00 p.m., had arrived. I was waiting outside for my boyfriend's brother at the front gates of the city's biggest mall. I was anticipating meeting him, and anxious for it, nonetheless. A moment too soon, there he was! Looking gorgeous as ever, at his best. The person who always managed to make my heart feel strange, ununderstood emotions: Itoshi Sae! 

It should have been illegal to look this cute!! To make a girl feel so many things at once, the primary one being adoration

It should have been illegal to look this cute!! To make a girl feel so many things at once, the primary one being adoration. He approached with his same child-like smile before saying: 

"We meet again, princess!!" It was back. That flirty, playboy...soothing... tone of his. I was caught up in it, too flustered to be able to reply, when his a soft touch brought me back to reality. He had held my hand and tugged at it. It was nothing harsh. Just a reminder to focus on the surroundings. 

"May we step inside?!" It was not a question, rather a playful mockery. But, I did not mind.

 Why...did I not mind? This guy was mocking me. I tried to look offended, only to get in return, his pretty, handsome, comfortable....chuckled before he pulled me into the elevator. 

"So, where do you want to go first?" 

I was shocked! We were entering the mall and he was asking me at the end moment as to what I wanted to do? Rin always used to have an itinerary ready before hand. No changes were allowed AFTER that...So, we never did anything spontaneous. Of Course, I had a say in what I wanted to do, but, last minute changes were a strict no-no...

Itoshi Sae was nothing like his younger brother. 

So when he asked me that, I jumped up on the opportunity! 

"Can we go to the game zone?! I did bowling only once with Rin. I want to do that again. And oh, let's visit the library! It's the BEST place ever! Rin and I always go there whenever we visit the mall..." On and on I went listing everything and anything I wanted to do, and he listened. 

He listened to my silly ramblings with absolute attentiveness, putting in his comments every now and there and smiling all the while. 

Was he not bothered? Did he not find me childish? Annoying? How could a football player as great as him have so much patience to listen to me? I worried for him. I did not want to lose him to my talkativeness. So while I still had so much to say to him, I shut up. He would be more comfortable that way. 

And we walked the way in silence. I did not know where we were going because Sae looked like he was well-planned out. We must have walked 3-minutes in the most awkward silence of my life, when he turned to face me abruptly. I was stunned, I stopped in my tracks and bumped right into him. I expected him to push me away. 

Instead, he put one arm around my waist and hugged me closer. 

"Is anything wrong? Did I make you mad?" 
Why was he asking me all this? Did I do something out of the normal? When I spoke nothing, he continued...

"(y/n), I am sorry for saying this all of a sudden and hugging you so abnormally and for calling you princess like an idiot, but, I want to be friends.
So, I..do not understand why you went quiet all of a sudden. If you cannot be you...around me, then I have no right to call you a friend. And I want to! I want to call (y/n) a friend of mine! I want to share her pain and sorrow and at one point in time, I want her to introduce me to the world as her best friend.
So, please, tell me if I do anything wrong. If I bother you or if I hurt you, or whatever, please! Let me know." 

He had not let go of me, and was hugging me like his life depended on it. I hugged him back, and spoke in the clearest, surest voice I could: "I...talk a lot. Rin always says I am annoying whenever I speak more than necessary. I thought I was bothering you and that it would be best for me to shut up. I am sorry. I am sorry for making you feel that I am annoyed. Truth is, I want to be friends too. I want to call you a friend too and I want to be worthy of that! So-" 

I wanted to continue when I was cut off by his smooth handsome voice. 
"But you are already worthy! You had the courage to express your hate and anger towards me and move on from it. You can be honest to yourself! You are a good person. Then, why would I think of you as someone unworthy to be my friend?!"

He was not...making this up. He was genuinely confused. I looked up at him, as I wiggled out of his hug. I smiled and nodded and when I saw him take my hand before pointing to a...Shoe-Shop!! And saying- "Off we go!!"

I knew...I knew we were alright! I knew I had made an amazing friend in him. I knew...he was not the devil. And while I still wanted to know what happened between him and Rin, for now, I just wanted to comfort myself in his presence. I wanted to find the true me...And I wanted to make, an amazing friend!! 

A/n: I know all the hate that dress is getting, but cmon, it's for a reasonn! That annoying dress is Rin's choice, and she's just...blindly following Rin right now! don't hate (y/n) For it, hate Rin! He's making you wear it!