|10|: Motherly/شفيق

Comincia dall'inizio

"I want you to go with me." He agreed not finding it approypatie to argue with his mother. The call disconnected after they bade goodbye to each other.

The door barged open and entered in Altamash. Seeing his friend wearing his blazer, he asked him

"Where are you going now, Mr. Robot?" He ignored his comment and said

"Ammi wants to visit Bhabhi." The colour from Altamash's face drained and he nodded stiffly.

'Is she fine?'

These words were on the tip of his tongue begging to be set free, but he held back. Crush the concern that was swirling in his eyes and watched his best friend leave.

Zainab.
~~~~~~~~

The car's tyres screeched against the hard floor as Subhan rolled the mirror of his window down.

"We're here to see Zainab." He said to the security guard that was stopping their car.

"What is your relation with her?" Before he could say anything, Narmeen said in her loud and no nonsense voice

"I'm her Khala. The daughter of his Mansion."

The colour drained from the guard's face and he apologized for his rude behaviour. Subhan tipped his sunglasses up his nose and entered through the dark lush gates.

The Mansion stood at a good height with gates of pure timber. The porch was decorated with the plants. The walls of the Mansion screamed power and demonstrate that the people residing here are no normal people. Parking the car, both the mother and son stepped out and entered through the wide open gate into the living room.

The large living hall was empty. The kitchen at the side was plunged in silence. The Mansion looked like there was not a single soul present inside. Unlike Subhan who stood at a corner, Narmeen walked towards her mother's room automatically making Subhan follow after her. Knocking lightly at the door, she peeked her head inside and said softly

"Amma Jaan."  The old lady turned towards the voice she can recognize even when she's asleep. The wrinkled eyes took in the form of Narmeen and then in a shaky voice, Ghazala Begum uttered

"Is this you, Narmeen?"

Walking towards her mother she hugged her. While Subhan stood at the door basking in his mother's vulnerable form which she rarely shows to the world. The mother and daughter hugged each other. Making of all the missed times.

"Arey Subhan andar aou."
(Come inside Subhan)

He heard his maternal grandmother speak. He walked up to her and lowered his head for her to bless him. He sat down on one of the few chairs beside her bed.

"Did you meet your brother?" Ghazala Begum asked. Narmeen shook her head nonchalantly.

Sadly the brother and sister are not close to each other anymore. Her marrying Owais changed everything once and for all.

"I'm here to see Zainab." Ghazala Begum's eyes turned sad. Oh how much the fate has scarred the once bubbly Zainab.

"She must be in her room."

Narmeen nodded and excused herself to meet her. Subhan stayed with his grandmother and soon both of them were engrossed in a conversation of their own.
~~~~~~~~~~

Knocking at the door, she entered inside. The room was dark, void of any light. The curtains were drew together and only a single lamp was blown. At first it was almost impossible to make out anything in the room, but then she saw her. Wrapped in a chaddar was Zainab praying. Narmeen's eyes turned glossy as she took in the appearance of her beloved niece. Zainab made her dua and finally saw her Khala.

"Asalamoaliukm."

She greeted while untying the scarf around her head.

"Kesi hu baccha?"
(How are you child)

She shrugged nonchalantly. Her eyes had bags under them. Swollen and empty of any emotion.

"How are you?"

She asked instead. Narmeen hugged her. Her tears left her eyes as she held her thin frame in her arms. A knock resonated in the air. The ladies pulled away and looked at the door.

There stood Jaweria, her Bhabhi. Narmeen greeted her

"Asalamoaliukm Bhabhi." Jaweria greeted back with equal fervour.

"I saw Subhan. I didn't know you were coming. I was outside." Narmeen shook her head and Jaweria looked at Zainab.

"Should I get something for you both?"

Jaweria asked. Her polite nature was always what attracted other people toward her. Zainab shook her head and Jaweria left the two ladies in solace.

"Look at you. You look so thin." Zainab shrugged once again and said

"I'm fine."

The sadness in her eyes was evident. She remembered the first time Hammad came with his mother when they're alliance was fixed. Soon tears started leaving her eyes and she found herself leaning toward her Khala. Narmeen hugged her to her chest and cried with her. The loss was so hefty to them. It was unbearable. Unbelievable.

But more than that it had no end.

This pain was endless.

As Narmeen stroked her niece's hair while she slept after crying for a while, she couldn't help but let her mind wander. An idea came to her mind. It was the solution to Zainab's miseries. A bond to rectify the pain everyone went through.

A smile graced her lips and she placed a soft kiss on Zainab's forehead almost promising her to bring her happiness back.
••••••••••••••

Asalamoaliukm everyone.
It's not a very good update as I started to pen this during my exams so the words are quite messed up. But I'll be giving all my attention to my story now. So fasten your seatbelts.

Vote comment and share.
Till then, Allah Hafiz.