~6~

Killua checked himself out in the mirror for a few moments, with a whistle. Damn, I look good. The outfit was tight fitting yet slightly loose, so it wasn't constricting on his body. not to mention the belts were a nice touch. It was minimalistic, but did he really need much more? It was subtle, and he liked that. Although maybe later I'll get a symbol embroidered in the back or something. Killua fluffed up his hair a little, then walked out of the bathroom. Mitsuki and Masaru were waiting for him in the living room. Mitsuki's eyebrows raised as Killua walked into the room. "It looks very..." Masaru finished her sentence before she could. "Subtle." he gave Killua an encouraging smile.

Killua huffed, it was obvious they didn't think the costume was very good. It looked good on him, but it didn't exactly look like he was a hero. "I know, it's supposed to be. I still want to alter it slightly, but this is pretty much my idea." Mitsuki nodded. "Interesting, doesn't really look like...a hero costume though-" Masaru shot her a pointed glare. Killua sighed. "Yeah, I know. But I don't want anything flashy and-" There was a slam from the front room as Bakugou slammed the door open. "THE HELL IS THIS!?" Killua glanced over his shoulder to see Bakugou staring at him with a baffled expression. "My hero costume."

Bakugou scoffed. "That's not a hero costume dumbass." Killua flipped him off without replying to him, instead speaking to Masaru. "Thanks for being so supportive." he said, sarcastically. Mitsuki frowned. "It's not that I don't support you being a hero-" Killua blinked, he'd meant that more as a joke. "Yeah we'd love to see you in U.A!" Masaru said with a smile. Killua rubbed his temples. "That was supposed to be a joke- but thanks anyways." Masaru blinked. "It was?" Killua snorted. "Some things never change" he said in amusement, mostly to himself. Nobody can tell when I'm joking or not. The three others in the room gave Killua a quizzical look but he just walked back up to his room, deep in thought.

The next few days were pretty uneventful, however exactly five days after the sports festival, class started back up again. Killua and Bakugou walked into class together, chatting. People were staring in the hallways at them, but neither really cared. The onlookers weren't important, nor did they matter. Bakugou shot him a glare as they entered the classroom. "I'll kick your ass." he said, they'd been talking about going back to the arcade since it'd been renovated. Killua grinned. "I'd love to do that again Katsuki, you and I both know I'd smoke you in darts." , "Hah! As if! I'll beat you next time!" Killua slid down into his seat, crossing his legs. "You can try."

Bakugou sat down one seat away from him, swiveling on the chair to face him. "I won't just try, I'll beat you so bad you'll never want to challenge me again." he said, with a wolfish grin. Killua scoffed. "Doubt it, you can try though." Out of nowhere, suddenly Midoriya walked over and... Sat down between them. Midoriya gulped at the force of both the glares currently boring into him. "Can you like, move? I'm trying to have a conversation." Killua said dryly. Bakugou rolled his eyes. "Damn Deku sits there, we have designated seating. Yours is the only open one." Killua groaned. "So you're telling me this piece of shriveled broccoli will have to sit between us the entire school year?" Midorya's face flushed in embarrassment and he put his head down. "I-I'm sorry-" Bakugou scowled. "sadly."

"Hey! Why are you being so mean to Deku?" Killua looked dryly over his shoulder at Uraraka. "Hm? Why are you sticking your nose in this?" Uraraka frowned. "Because Deku is my friend!" Killua scowled at her, trying not to be reminded of the dumbass who used to say that exact phrase every chance he got. Iida started making robotic arm movements. "THIS IS VERY UNHEROLIKE BEHAVIOR! AS YOU'RE CLASS REP-" KIllua huffed. "Baaaka, I don't care what sort of status you hold here. The only one who says what I do, is me." That was a rule he'd had to cling onto, due to his past of being manipulated and ordered around. Killua greatly valued his free will, and despite it being petty he purposefully disobeyed figures of authority occasionally just to remind himself he had it. Killua had escaped from those shackles, and was never going to fall back into them again. Iida looked like he was about to blow a fuse from frustration, continuing to scold him for being unsportsmanlike.

"Settle down class." A gruff tired voice said, as a man with long dark hair walked into the room. That man was his homeroom teacher who he knew as Aizawa. The class fell silent, looking attentively towards the front of the room. "We have a class today on hero informatics. Killua settled back in his chair with a sigh. Oh right, he had to pretend to be a hero now. This is gonna suck. Although, he had always wanted to try doing something different with his life. Maybe this was the start of something new.

"You need codenames, it's time to pick your hero identities" The class erupted into excited chattering. Aizawa quickly quieted them down with a flash of his eyes. "This is related to the pro hero draft picks that I mentioned the last time we were in class." The old man went on to explain how they'd be forced to participate in internships. He put up the offers of every student in the class up on the board and he was honestly taken aback. "Huh!? Killua got an offer? But he didn't even fight in the sports festival!" Kirishima cried. Does that mean I only have one choice? Man. "His act of heroism when that kid fell was most likely the reason, it's so confusing how someone so unmannerly can also be so chivalrous." Iida muttered.

"You will all be interning with pros, got it? Even those of you who didn't get any offers. This is a valuable learning experience. You will be working with pro heroes and you need an identity. These hero names will likely be temporary but take them seriously or-" Aizawa was cut off by the door swinging open. "You'll have hell to pay later!" A woman in a tight outfit that left very little to the imagination strode in. "this could be your codename for life, you better be careful or you might be stuck with something utterly indecent." Killua glanced down at his blank slate, humming softly. He was tempted to just use his tag number but that would be boring.

That being said, he hadn't the faintest idea what he did want as a name. Something that had meaning, something that represented him. He promptly ignored the summons for someone to present, as well as all of the presenters. Man, usually I'm more creative than this but my mind's going blank. If he'd been creating an assassin codename he'd had plenty of ideas, but a hero name? He was pretty stumped. When he looked back up again, everyone else seemed to have gone. Fuck. Midnight glanced at him. "You're the only one who hasn't made an attempt yet, come on up and give it a shot." Killua sighed and strolled to the front of the classroom, hands behind his head. Looks like I ran out of time, guess I'm being a basic bitch then. Killua had a name that he really didn't want to use, but he didn't exactly have a choice now.

"Ryoshi, the elusive hero."

1282 words

To be continued...