28| Her Manmohana

Start from the beginning

"But tell me what did I do to deserve such an amazing title" She wanted to smack his face, what did she do to deserve to land in such a situation.

"You are not going to let that one slide right?"

"No way wifey" The room was filled with his chuckles and her sighing in disbelief while their son kept repeating their names like chanting a hymn.

Amaya was running around the house to catch her son dearest who was crawling here and there like a bullet train.

He giggled while crawling after noticing his mother following him, he loved troubling his mother.

As the house temple came to his vision, there were 4-5 steps in his way to reach the pooja ghar.

He placed both of his hands on the second step and climbed the first step with his knees.

Repeating the process 3-4 time he reached near the feet of the deity. The are was covered with different types of flowers, diyas were lit, panch deepak was burning and a sweet aroma of agarbatti (incense sticks) had surrounded the place.

Though the only thing that was able to catch his attention was the ladoo kept as a prasad (devotional offering made to god) with other sweets and fruits.

He picked the ladoo and started munching on it very slowly with front 4 teeth, sitting near the feet of the deity's statue.

Amaya came running and panicked after finding her son sitting near the diyas, children should stay away from fire.

"Krishi, bacche, what are you doing there" Krish lifted his gaze to spot his mother who was, by each passing second, coming near him.

He grinned mischievously and again bit the ladoo trying to eat it. Amaya's eyes followed the movement and it did not take her long to connect the dots.

She sighed and picked him up from the place "baby it's wrong, you should not eat the prasad, that was kept for the god, haina?" Krish paid no heed to her words and focused on biting the ladoo with his front teeth. The portion was covered with saliva while the area near his lips was covered with ladoo.

"What happened Amaya, why are you scolding Krishi?"

"Chachi look, this little troublemaker crawled like a bullet train and stole the prasad" Sanskriti chuckled looking at Krish who was eating the prasad with full determination and a little bit of struggle.

"God resides in Kids, Amaya, let it be, he is a kid, don't scold him" Sanskriti lightly ruffled Krish's hair while Amaya gazed at her son with fondness filled eyes.

"How can I scold him chachi? Everytime I feel angry or determined to scold him he manages to vanish my anger with just a smile" She kissed Krish's forehead with care and delicacy, Sanskriti's lips moulded into a small smile witnessing a mother's affection towards her son.

Who would say Amaya was not Krish's biological mother? She had always loved him like her own. If Rishika was here she would have been just same as Amaya is. She would have taken care of Krish the same way as Amaya is doing.

Krish broke a little piece of the ladoo he was eating and forwarded the same towards Amaya mouth.

She shook her head in negative, declining his offer but he stubbornly pushed the piece towards her lips, she thinned her lips pursing them, but at last gave up and ate the prasad given by her son.

"Let's go to our room baby"

Amaya was closing her cupboard when her eyes fell on a box kept inside safely

She opened the tiny box and a wave of memories hit her. The box contained a bracelet she gifted Krish on his namkaran (naming ceremony)

The bracelet was made of silver with a peacock feather, made of silver, was hanging on the bracelet.

Though the bracelet could only fit Krish after he grew up. The faded memory of Rishika teasing her by saying she would sell the bracelet and keep the money to herself came to her mind.

She chuckled lightly, keeping the bracelet inside, she closed the cupboard and accompanied Krish, who was playing on the bed.

Noticing his mother sitting on the edge of the bed he crawled towards her and opened his arms, a gesture he would make whenever wanted someone to pick him up.

Amaya placed him on her lap and he cupped her face, trailing his hands on her cheeks, she felt something wet.

She noticed tear drops on his palms, that's when she realised she had been crying. Krish again forwarded his ladoo to her, closer to her lips.

She shook her head and made him eat that. She hugged him closely and muttered in a slow voice.

"You are my manmohana"

(Winner of heart)

Hey everyone!

How you all are doing?

Thankyou for showering so much love on this story lately! I love all your votes and comments.

Relatives bhi alag level ke hote hain. Matlab achanak some people showed up mere ghar pe, people I had no idea existed. Mere se poochne lage 'pehchana beta' arey aunty pehli baar dekh rahi hoon.

And after a long session of me giving awkward replies and passing some awkward smiles, she introduced herself with the line "Aaj kal ke bacche, yaad nahi rehta kuch, tumhare naamkaran ke din mili thi mai tumse"

Matlab kuch bhi? I come under such absentminded people who can't even remember what daal my mother asked me to buy! 😭

Anyway, that's just me and my ranting lol!

Do vote and share your views about the chapter.

See you all next time.